Birds in the snow 2020 Share your photos here

So the snow has finally arrived but what birds are tough enough for you to capture in it.

Magpie having a wander

Pigeons join in too

Blackbird changed its mind and headed under the xmas tree

Very much look forward to you all sharing your photos if your lucky enough to get the snow

• Sadly no snow in Rochdale Linda, and I'm glad I don't like in any more :)

Jim

My Pictures

• Thankfully no snow on south coast or home back in Suffolk, heavy rain was enough to cope with driving so thankfully no snow or photos.

Tony

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wherryman/

• a few more...

finally got a clear shot of the dunnock..(I think)

as he was hiding under the xmas tree

Blackbird ready for a chase.....

coal tit having dinner while a break in the snow shower

not a good pic but wee great tit trying to be brave....and bearing a large black bib...is that the norm???

Blackbirds galore...i think there are a few nesting in my trees

and the bird that has kept my garden pretty empty today ...but they all gotta eat I guess lol

• Good to see how the birds deal with the snow. Fortunately, there's none here, yet.
    I think for Great Tits, there is a correlation between how broad the bib is and how dominant the bird is, so that one should be way up the hierarchy. Keep an eye out to see if the others make way for it on the feeders.

Nige   Flickr

• In reply to Nigel O:

I think the snow has turned to rain now and its blowing a gale but who knows what we shall wake up to tomorrow!
    As for the Great tit I dont think I have actually seen one on the ground before...always several of them around the feeders or sitting on a branch waiting for a space. I will certainly pay more attention in future......always learning
    Thanks Nigel
  • A lovely thread Linda, nice photos.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• In reply to Catlady:

Thanks, Not that the snow has stuck around, just the odd little flurry today.
  • No snow here either Linda but have a photo I can add from three years ago of a Jay

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to HAZY:

wow that is stunning Hazel! , Thanks for sharing.
  • Cold enough for snow here, especially with the increasing bitter cold winds but still waiting !

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again"