Birds in the snow 2020 Share your photos here

So the snow has finally arrived but what birds are tough enough for you to capture in it.

Magpie having a wander

Pigeons join in too

Blackbird changed its mind and headed under the xmas tree

Very much look forward to you all sharing your photos if your lucky enough to get the snow Laughing

• Almost all the lying snow gone today but we still had hail and snow showers with more expected this evening. so although its not pictures of birds in the snow they were on the feeders inbetween the snow showers......

"I dont want my picture taken" Joy

"I do"

"I wonder if there is anything tasty in  the neighbours garden"

And last but not least..a new visitor!!! so tiny...so fast yet so beautiful

(took most of the day to get a clear shot)

• Nice to see your snow birds Linda, nothing here on ~Anglesey but we either have loads or nothing at all being an island we are supposedly warmer ha ha  - today is freezing and looking up towards Snowdon I am hoping the snow stays up there.

You have some lovely birds visiting, I like to see the Coal Tit and also the Woodpecker.   Well done on getting the Goldcrest, never had one in the garden.

• Feel free to add any old pics , can never get bored looking at birds. Oh its windy here aswell more windy now than it was with storm Caira,.
    Sounds like stunny scenery at Anglesey
  • Lots of nice birds you get in the garden, but the Goldcrest is an especially nice visitor
  • I certainly get a good variety but couldnt take my eyes off the goldcrest today. its the first time i have actually ever seen one and to be in my garden....well chuffed!
  • Lovely photos folks, and a good idea for a thread.

Around here in the landlocked Midlands, we don't often get that much snow, and my thoughts are this winter, even less.

However, a couple from March 2018, a pigeon and blackbird, standing under a feeder in our garden, hoping for food to spill!

• gaynorsl said:

Nice to see your snow birds Linda, nothing here on ~Anglesey but we either have loads or nothing at all being an island we are supposedly warmer ha ha  - today is freezing and looking up towards Snowdon I am hoping the snow stays up there.

You have some lovely birds visiting, I like to see the Coal Tit and also the Woodpecker.   Well done on getting the Goldcrest, never had one in the garden.

Gaynor, you'll have to make a dash across the Britannia Bridge, (when it isn't closed due to high winds).

I believe there is snow on high ground, so around the Ogwen Valley may be worth a visit, if you can find parking with all the winter mountaineers that will be on the Glyderau. Or possibly, somewhere like Conwy Mountain (no higher than Holyhead Mountain), Altwen and Penmaenbach. Conwy Mountain is an easy wander from Synchnant Pass, no steep paths, just awkward to get to with a narrow country lane.

• Cheers Mike, a friend of mine went up the Ogwen Valley with hubby and dogs last Monday, they tried getting out of car but were almost blown over, also hadn't really geared up for the snow by the sound of it!! They took some photos but haven't seen any yet. I wouldn't try the mountains just now in case I get stuck, I'm not into pushing the car on my own, though remember my hubby pushing a car out on Red Wlharf Bay when it wouldn';t start, and the tide was almost on us, he never knew how he had managed it on looking back to those days.
  • Linda, A good idea for a thread and I love everyone's photos--thanks (however, we rarely get snow here in the balmy south!)
  • Thanks Ann.
    Feel free to add any old pics if you wish. We aint had much snow this winter where I live so excuse my over excitement when we had a slight dusting the past few days .