Bathing birds

Having spotted this one today I wonder if you would like to leave any similar photos on this thread, the more the merrier

Don't know what it reminds me of, certainly not a bird!!

Oh yes I am :-)

like the punk hairstyle

Gone again

Spring is around the corner you know, it could be saying

Just a few more dunkings to be sure I'm pretty

Beat the water with wings essential

Can't be much water left!!

Then all of a sudden off it went and I carried on taking photos in another part of the garden where a Dunnock was sunbathing:-)

Happy days

Lot to learn

• Nice idea for a thread Gaynor :o) I think we'd soon fill it up if we included "showering" as well as "bathing", coz every bird south of Bristol seems to be having daily showers (if not downpours) lol
  • Good, looking forward to seeing some on here, of course up here we have fabulous sunshine most of the time ... well maybe just a shower now and again what with the clouds not making it up and over the mountains:-)

Lot to learn

• Great idea Gaynor, was just watching my Spadgers bathing in the pond taking it in turns to perch on horizontal grass stems ... all will become clear when I get some pics! Lol

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Do you mean it is windy with you Wendy, look forward to seeing your Spadgers again.

Lot to learn

• LOL Gaynor, birds do seem to love their bathing sessions even in the winter although by the sounds of things the Dunnock obviously found it rather mild !!

Regards, Hazel 

• Now we've moved into temporary rental I can only offer a few old photos of the Jays bathing in our old garden.   They have to be one of the funniest looking birds when they bathe  !

I hardly recognise the Jay in the next one as its so soggy   lol         photo taken years ago so not the best but takes the comedy award    !

Regards, Hazel 

• gaynorsl said:
    Do you mean it is windy with you Wendy, look forward to seeing your Spadgers again.

It is actually Gaynor & wet with it but this particularly tall grass kept being blown over so I left it like that as an escape mechanism for frogs & birds ... then new shoots started growing upwards so eventually I will be able to repot it!   Clear as mud ... pics tomorrow! 

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• It must be annual bathtime for Starlings! But bird bathers are always fun to watch.
    The Jay was obviously modelling itself on the leaning tower of Pisa ... or possibly Wendy's weird grass???

Nige   Flickr

• Hazy we will all miss your fabulous pond area and bathing birds, I remember the Jay with it's punk hairstyle and that second photo is just classic. Isn't it funny how some birds are very hasty and in and out so fast, while others have to be enjoying the water as they spend so much time in the bath, like the Robin which will go back in a second or third time.
    I understand Wendy, I used to put stems across the dishes so the ants could crawl back out when they inevitably fell in when I changed the water.

Lot to learn

• Lovely thread, Gaynor--thanks, and I look forward to seeing more pics from everyone.

Kind regards, Ann