Butterflies & Moths 2020

Hi All, I took an executive decision & decided to amalgamate the Butterfly & Moth threads which may make it easier to find if it's used more!

These are the old threads from 2019 Beautiful butterflies https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/all-creatures/200195/beautiful-butterflies-2019#pifragment-4285=1

& Mostly Moths https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/all-creatures/198118/mostly-moths-2019/1273216#pifragment-4285=1

To start us off here are a few from the recent traps & wine rope,

this is a lovely Satelite from the 8th january

Best wishes

Hazel in Southwest France

• This is my "one of a life-time" moth, new for mainland France & only seen once on Corsica, a beauty too, latin name "Pyroderces klimeschi "

It came on a night when there was too much moon, too windy & I spent most of the time looking for anything different that arrived, I knew it was new for me & was thrilled to bits when I found out what it was the next day .

Best wishes

• Lovely find, Hazel. Very well done.!! :-)

My bird photos HERE

• Congratulations H!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Not as much cause for celebration as Hazel's find. :-)

Orange Tip (m)

Small Heath

My bird photos HERE

• To be honest I'd swap it for a Small Tortoishell in the garden any day of the week! I love the Orange tips & Small Heaths too.

Best wishes

• Tried for literally hours to post this today, just come back from a walk and bingo, here it is, you can't see it properly I know, will go back and find another slightly better.   This is just because I have changed to Windows 10 and need to find my way around:-)

What a palaver!!! bring back Windows Live Photo Gallery.  Anyway I don't know whether this is a moth or butterfly, taken a week ago and I thought it interesting as it sat still for about five mins while I fraffed around trying to get it on macro, and failed.

Don't worry if noo -one can id it, as I am only practising posting really.

Lot to learn

• Well done on your find Hazel, must feel fantastic to have found one so rare.

Lovely Orange Tip Paul, and I like the artistic bracken it is perching on too:-)

Lot to learn

• lol Gaynor, I'll leave our clever experts to ID the moth/butterfly but welcome to Windows 10 and mandatory Bing browser bar that you can't get rid of ! I was so used to the old windows Photo Gallery but eventually got used to the new Win.10 photo software, having said that I usually use Lightroom lol I'm not a fan of Win.10 and considering my options as I need to upgrade this laptop to possibly an iMac but jury is still out on that as they are so much more expensive.

Regards, Hazel 

• I remember you not being a fan of 10 Hazy:-) I held off until now when my other computer seemed to be slow as processor only small, so bought another pc and thought I would do all my photos on the old one, would keep new one clean and uncluttered. I haven't the heart to keep going back and fore now and so am trying to get used to this one, my head is full of useless info and have posted those two above but failing to do anymore!!! My son uses iMac, he had to go for lessons, but now is happy with it (Ithink). Think I will take bike out tomorrow just to unclutter my head!!!

Lot to learn

• Still at loggerheads with my Win10 Gaynor, taking lessons would be good! Would gladly swap my laptop for a bike but can't work one of those either due to impaired sense of balance ... maybe a motorised trike would do? Lol
    Can only think your butterfly/moth is a Brimstone but can't really see it clearly enough ... if you google them you may be able to decide?

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr