Add your "Odds & Sods" here thread ... 2020

Starting with a first for me ... Sparrowhawk in neighbour's garden here in quarry, only ever seen a seemingly lost youngster many years ago!

Grabbed ID vid footage through d/glazed door, then battery died & by time I'd replaced it to go outside for better res a delivery driver stopped next door & frightened the bird off!! grrrrrr

Hope it's a one-off for the sake of my Spadger horde!

2019 thread here ... https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/all-creatures/196421/add-your-odds-sods-here-thread/1275306#1275306

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Unknown said:
    lol Ann, don't get me started on postcodes ! Being new build the postcode does not always show up when you try to enter your details on set forms which reject your address and you can't always enter manually. An Amazon courier left my parcel half a mile away as his Sat-Nav took him to a different place. They don't seem to use common sense sometimes as it was a house they delivered to, not an apartment and with no resemblance of our address apart from 22 ! Fortunately, the very kind home owner drove our parcel over to the sales suite on site and they delivered it to our door. I contacted Amazon when we were able to track the driver and see the route he was taking where he left the parcel but they insisted he handed it over to the resident and it was the correct address - what can I say ? !!!! Some drivers find us, other's don't. I am trying to register my Miele laundry appliances and the form will not allow for more than 4 lines of address and will not accept this new address; I can't enter it manually so I contacted their office in UK and they said they would have to contact Germany to adjust their online registration form ! The world has gone mad lol I needed a soak in a bubble bath to cool down and relax every day so far ! And I haven't even started on the real moving in stuff yet -. good job I've got you lot for some light relief ha ha !

You keep having those lovely long soaks and then come on here for a good old natter and stree relief!! 

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• A rather lovely female Reed Bunting from today. She’s looking exceptionally pretty. :-)

My bird photos HERE

• They are attractive birds Paul and such a beautiful photo of the gorgeous Mrs R.Bunting.

Regards, Hazel 

• Twice in three days we have been lucky enough to be serenaded by this beautiful Song Thrush......  

it was at dusk both times so I'll have to remember to have the tripod handy next time as it is singing in the tree just at the side of the balcony.  

Regards, Hazel 

• Lovely photos Paul and Hazy, gorgeous birds to see .

Lot to learn

• That's beautiful, Hazel, and I love that light!
  • Juvenile little owls in a derelict barn in the local valley this morning. Already learnt the stare game.

• Awww, lovely photos Bob, nice to see they have young who already have the art of staring lol !

Regards, Hazel