Add your "Odds & Sods" here thread ... 2020

Starting with a first for me ... Sparrowhawk in neighbour's garden here in quarry, only ever seen a seemingly lost youngster many years ago!

Grabbed ID vid footage through d/glazed door, then battery died & by time I'd replaced it to go outside for better res a delivery driver stopped next door & frightened the bird off!! grrrrrr

Hope it's a one-off for the sake of my Spadger horde!

2019 thread here ... https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/all-creatures/196421/add-your-odds-sods-here-thread/1275306#1275306

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Got some pics of my faves in the garden Smile

And a pesky squirrel 

• Good to see the House Martins happily nesting unperturbed by the House Sparrows;   3 or 4 nests;   one is in early stages so not sure if they are continuing to build or have opted to go elsewhere at the moment.  

Only record quick pics yesterday ……….  but showing the activity.

Regards, Hazel 

• Grey squirrel, I think this could be one of this years young, its behaviour is very different to the others that visit, its very chilled out.

A wood pigeon trying to maintain its balance while feeding!

I loved the way the tail fanned out, but, alas, it didn't stop the woopie from sliding down the twig it was perched on....

• lovely photos everyone;   here's a few from yesterday and today....

a beautiful Goldfinch - perhaps a male as the red extends beyond the eye  ?     

male House Sparrow shouting the odds  !      In truth it was cooling off on this very hot day;  most birds were cooling by opening their bills. 

I think the female of the pair of Great Tits who often pops into the courtyard to check for any stray live mealworms  

and I'm seeing Small Tortoiseshells everywhere around here at the moment;  there were two of the on this same flowering buxus shrub

showing a long curly tongue  !  

nice face   !   

Regards, Hazel 

• Lovely pics Hazy, the Goldfinch and Great Tit very clear, also you have captured the butterflies so well in close up showing the tongue and face.

Lot to learn

• Been heavy rain here for past few days but managed to get this odd picture of a dunnock....

and another couple that braved the rain

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Some pics of the visitors in the garden today!

Cheeky squirrel made an appearance.

• 'X' marks the spot, where the sun should be......

Haven't seen one of these for a long time, plenty of empty shells, but no snails!

• A nice flock of Geese? that passed over the garden

Only got the 1 pic as along came a big gust of wind blew them right out of my focus! or was it me that got blown away Laughing

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Linda257 said:
    Only got the 1 pic as along came a big gust of wind blew them right out of my focus! or was it me that got blown away

It certainly as windy for part of yesterday Linda but nice blue sky......  and the flock is Air Canada     lol   

Regards, Hazel