Add your "Odds & Sods" here thread ... 2020

Starting with a first for me ... Sparrowhawk in neighbour's garden here in quarry, only ever seen a seemingly lost youngster many years ago!

Grabbed ID vid footage through d/glazed door, then battery died & by time I'd replaced it to go outside for better res a delivery driver stopped next door & frightened the bird off!! grrrrrr

Hope it's a one-off for the sake of my Spadger horde!

2019 thread here ... https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/all-creatures/196421/add-your-odds-sods-here-thread/1275306#1275306

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Looks like you had a lovely wander Sam. Nice pics...especially to capture the grey wagtail to be perched like that!

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Not a very good photo as the sun was directly in front but it was lovely to see the first Swallow back 

and the pretty little Goldies are always around

and Mr Sparrow keeping an eye out for the returning House Martins;     for some reason they can't tolerate them and have now taken up space under the eaves

Regards, Hazel 

• Hmmmm, if I could just......

Magpie having a bad hair day?

Or should that be a bad plumage day.....

• Lovely photos everyone.    Here's a few from our courtyard area from this morning

although it's not the best photo as it was taken through the glass front door but it was nice to still see a Tree Sparrow   (we have two of them, hopefully a breeding pair)

Regular House Sparrows next ……….   although I've taken feeders away now I do sprinkle down a little mealworm suet (peckish) and pellets plus sunflower hearts

flying inspect photobombing the House Sparrow's pic  ! 

Sparrow-bush

Goldfinches are always first into the courtyard for the sunhearts

my fruit bowl with a couple of small rocks for making a more natural drinking place is coming in handy and also as a bird bath  - its in a dark area of courtyard so a bit of a grainy photo 

a lovely little Dunnock who is already paired up 

and another couple of House Sparrow pics as I'm still enjoying their presence in the courtyard after never having had any in my old garden in 9 years ! 

and I did laugh at this one as it looks so funny …..  what a cutie-pie (same female H.Sparrow as above)

We've a pair of Chaffinches and this the handsome boy ..         does look as if he is developing the scaly leg (warts)  which sadly so many of them get 

and this is a robin posturing that I have included in the Robins for MC thread            

almost forgot the Swallow who sits up on the telephone wire 

having a good scratch ……….. needs a good preen ! 

Regards, Hazel 

• Lovely courtyard birds. I thought the Robin was trying to impersonate a Bluethroat!

Nige   Flickr

• Aww how cute are those sparrows...Lovely pics Hazel

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Thanks Nige and Linda

Unknown said:
    I thought the Robin was trying to impersonate a Bluethroat!

lol Nige,  you're right it does look a bit like that -  same pattern !

Regards, Hazel 

• Lovely pics Hazy, especially good to see the Tree Sparrow. and also the Swallows. Your courtyard is looking busy with a good variety of our garden birds.

Lot to learn

• I've still a few photos to sort through.

Quite a rare sight around here these days, gulls, possibly a herring gull.

This looks like it might be a juvenile crow, one of last years chicks, unless it was the way it was posing....

The magpies were quite busy yesterday.

Having a nibble at shoots!

Surveying its domain....

Well, those leylandii trees are a but flexible, I nearly never made it to the top!

Who you looking at?

Nearly all magpies have wings!

This one definitely has wings!

• Super shots Mike, especially love the last photo showing the Maggie in flight with those magnificent range of blue/black/green colours.

Regards, Hazel