Add your "Odds & Sods" here thread ... 2020

Starting with a first for me ... Sparrowhawk in neighbour's garden here in quarry, only ever seen a seemingly lost youngster many years ago!

Grabbed ID vid footage through d/glazed door, then battery died & by time I'd replaced it to go outside for better res a delivery driver stopped next door & frightened the bird off!! grrrrrr

Hope it's a one-off for the sake of my Spadger horde!

2019 thread here ... https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/all-creatures/196421/add-your-odds-sods-here-thread/1275306#1275306

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• As the sun was setting, our new neighbours, Mrs & Mrs Crow, were busy cawing.

I think Mr & Mrs Magpie have either moved out, or been moved out....

• Some of a blackbird in the garden yesterday (Sunday 5th)

All cropped images, but the light was good and even better, without flouting any social distancing guidelines, neighbours one side 6 mtrs away, the other 4 mtrs away with a large summer house between us, enabled good clear photos not through the kitchen window, for a change.I did get carried away a bit, well, a lot, but I've sorted the pics down to just a sensible few.

• No time for being sensible Mike, I prefer picture overload lol
    Mr BB lookss good against those warm background colours..so much better than dull grey!

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Chiffchaff, from this morning's walk.

My bird photos HERE

• Lovely updates everyone.    Good to see the Chiffchaff, can't wait for all the warblers to arrive although I'll miss going round the various reserves to catch up with the new incoming birds :(  

Although we've not moved in to the new apartment yet, I had to visit to receive the landline/internet connection this morning.   Whilst there I spied three wild rabbits in the grounds below our balcony,  plus passing Common Buzzard, blackbird, robin, wren and woodpigeon - and that was without even trying  !   There was also the inevitable grey squirrel !     Two Canada Geese, 1 mallard drake and cygnet were on the water garden.     I don't think we'll be short of wildlife to watch from the apartment  !!  

I didn't have the camera with me so grotty record shots from my old iPhone.....     

one of three "funny wabbits"   chomping their way through the grassed area 

two more funny wabbits .............   sorry about the quality but I was 3 floors up from water level and my iPhone 5 isn't the best for distance photos   lol 

Regards, Hazel 

• Thanks, everyone, for cheery photos!
    Hazel, Good news about wildlife view-able from your new surroundings! Once you've moved in, will you be pacing up and down the balcony for your safe exercise, camera in hand--LOL?!

Kind regards, Ann

• Unknown said:
    Once you've moved in, will you be pacing up and down the balcony for your safe exercise, camera in hand--LOL?!

LOL Ann,   I've just come back from my first daily walk in three days;  took new route along bridle ways and farm tracks near our rental property which is amongst the fields and countryside and once we can move in to the new place we have lots more parkland and paths to explore.     Even from the kitchen window at the new place I can see lots of birds doing fly pasts and bunnies on the ground so I won't be short of entertainment if, like usual, there is nothing on TV    lol     Just not sure when we can move over as deliveries for furniture and items in storage and more importantly the new carpets due to be delivered and fitted  - whether it can happen we don't know yet.     I guess I shouldn't complain when you see what sadness there is with this virus and loss of family members around the globe,  it is hard to believe this is happening,   I keep thinking I'm going to wake up from the news reports and nightmare..   Keep well everyone.

Regards, Hazel 

• Linda257 said:
    No time for being sensible Mike, I prefer picture overload lol
    Mr BB lookss good against those warm background colours..so much better than dull grey!

It's my release from the confinement we're all enduring, and my ongoing schooling (one day I might grow up, but not just yet), not just in photography, but learning new stuff about wildlife.

My mother never managed to chain me indoors, neither has my long suffering wife, though I think she's given up, after nearly thirty years of marriage!

• Always nice to see rabbits, until they start digging that lawn up!

As for the other neighbours, I think you're going to have lots of enjoyable moments from your windows. Thumbsup

• Unknown said:
    Thanks, everyone, for cheery photos!

Always happy to oblige Slight smile