Add your "Odds & Sods" here thread ... 2020

Starting with a first for me ... Sparrowhawk in neighbour's garden here in quarry, only ever seen a seemingly lost youngster many years ago!

Grabbed ID vid footage through d/glazed door, then battery died & by time I'd replaced it to go outside for better res a delivery driver stopped next door & frightened the bird off!! grrrrrr

Hope it's a one-off for the sake of my Spadger horde!

2019 thread here ... https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/all-creatures/196421/add-your-odds-sods-here-thread/1275306#1275306

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Happy Anniversary to you and Mike Hazy, glad to see you are looking after him well lol, especially after he kept the Kestrel to himself:-)

Lot to learn

• Happy Anniversary to you and Mike Hazy, glad to see you are looking after him well lol, especially after he kept the Kestrel to himself:-)

Lot to learn

Lot to learn

• Thanks PB and thanks times four to Gaynor LOL Yes, I do look after him, lots of home cooked meals, trying to keep him away from the virus as I do the shopping...… but currently giving him a bit of earache as he's lost some paperwork which we can't find anywhere - at the moment !!

Regards, Hazel 

• Many congratulations on your Ruby Anniversary Hazel and Mike. It is my sisters 33rd anniversary today as well. Hope you are having a treat for dinner.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Lynn L said:
    It is my sisters 33rd anniversary today as well.

what a coincidence,  hope they have had a lovely celebration, albeit not the freedom this year.        It is also our forum friend  Ann (Gardenbirder's birthday today)  so another reason to have  glass of wine ………………… that is if I had remembered to buy a bottle when I picked up essentials today :(  

Regards, Hazel 

• James G said:
    Thank you Ann, just trying the Nikon P1000 out on video and it does this better then the pictures.

It looks like I might still be here Hazel, so will keep an eye on them and I still have some mealworms that have been down south twice but it looks like they will be not going again :)

Thank you Mike.

You're welcome Jim

Bridge cameras, particularly those from the key manufacturers are generally very good these days. Even in their early days, they were pretty damned good. Many years ago, I had a Kodak Z650, which apart from some manual override limitations, was all in all, a good budget Bridge Camera.

• Cracking photos PB, good to have you back, and your pics, of course....

• Hazel & Mike, Happy Belated Ruby Anniversary to you both.

I can't find the original mention, so I've tagged on to Gaynors.

• Many thanks Mike, hopefully we will get to celebrate it properly with a trip out once this awful virus has calmed down. I am very much thinking of all the people that have been affected by this pandemic with losing loved ones and others very poorly; there is nothing more important, including Anniversary celebrations, than getting through this as quickly as possible. It breaks my heart when I see the daily updates and statistics, it feels so unreal. Stay healthy folks.

Regards, Hazel