Kestrels in the Quarry 2020/21/breaking news 1st Oct 2022

New male who I've named Colin gave us a miss over Xmas & New Year's day so was very pleased to see him this afternoon, giving me a reason to start new thread in the hope there's some romance this year!

Grim & grey day here so light was bad for pics @ almost 15.00

Resolution in vid was a great improvement ... he looks almost too pretty to be a boy!!  Trademark ending though ... start as you mean to go on!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• He's certainly a handsome Kestrel and looks very comfortable out of the strong winds in that sunny and cosy nest hole; thought the fly might get nabbed at the end of the clip as it headed down towards his head lol

Regards, Hazel 

• Think his sights were set on bigger prey aitch!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Who' s pretty boy then, I am! Lovely to see him in the sunshine again.

To add to what has already been said - Dear Limpy, I am so sorry to read that you have been suffering and have been in a horrid place. I do hope that you are coping better now and that you will start to feel better, with all the love from your family, everything starting to show signs of Spring in the garden end elsewhere, our beloved Osprey' starting to return (only in the next few weeks) and not forgetting your friends here on the forum. We will all be with you, so when you feel better and up to it, you post all you like, we all miss you (both). Love CL x

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Stunning photos Wendy, and the video is lovely too in that sunshine, Tell Colin to keep away from the birds, the rats will do him more good:-)

Lot to learn

• Colin came visiting again yesterday to three different location ...

Rather long & gory vid of him eating a rodent in nesthole ... haven.t had one for a while!

Second visit to cliff

Didn't so much fly off as hop to another location!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Fabulous clear footage Wendy and glad Colin had most of his lunch out of sight in the nest hole lol His plumage is so striking, handsome fellow. Always laugh when I see him cleaning up his toes at the end of dinner !! Looked windy on the cliff edge. Weather getting better here and had our first birding walk in weeks seeing as it was dry day with fair bit of blue in the sky and sunshine :)

Regards, Hazel 

• Has been very antisocial weather but better toda thank goodness ... Colin reminds me of watching my cat pull at her nails, almost as if they want to yank them right out!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Hello again Colin, would be lovely now if he went and took a lady friend back to his apartment!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• That was fun, nest hole being used as eating area now, I see he has decided a rodent better than bird, for now at least. He doesn't bother with the flies around the leftovers, no desert today. Could we say he has settled in well now I wonder, enjoying the sun anyway. Great videos Wendy, thanks for posting.

Lot to learn

• No sooner he had landed & played peek-a-boo from behind a crevice than he was off again ... flew round a bit but never landed again!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr