Kestrels in the Quarry 2020/21/breaking news 1st Oct 2022

New male who I've named Colin gave us a miss over Xmas & New Year's day so was very pleased to see him this afternoon, giving me a reason to start new thread in the hope there's some romance this year!

Grim & grey day here so light was bad for pics @ almost 15.00

Resolution in vid was a great improvement ... he looks almost too pretty to be a boy!!  Trademark ending though ... start as you mean to go on!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Very nice to see Colin again looking healthy too. Had to laugh at the starling flying onto the wire just after Colin had left the cliff face. I wonder if he had just had a scare and managed to avoid being Colin's next meal!

Lot to learn

• Fortunately for me the winds aren't as strong here as you are experiencing CL, pul the duvet welll over your head!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Thanks for reminding me about the Starling Gaynor, been such a long time since I edited footage had quite forgotten! Looks like he was clinging on for grim death trying to not give his position away!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• This thread came up on my notifs Wendy, thought for a moment you had been visited again on Valentine's Day this year, never mind, it was good to see last years' post.

Lot to learn

• Am well behind on Colin posts Gaynor, haven't even started 2021 thread yet ... must pull my finger out! Lol

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Found this on my cam not even downloaded ... the last time Colin visited on 11th April this year ... guess he's gone off somewhere to nest like he usually does these days?

Guess we'll see you when your babies have fledged!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• lovely footage and photos of Col the Kestrel; hope you get to see him again once he's raised his family; can't have our forum mascot doing a bunk LOL

Regards, Hazel 

• Great to see Colin again Wendy, I had been thinking about him only the other day. Trust him to go and have a nest and family somewhere else! Never mind at least we will hopefully see more of him when the babes fledge.

Hazel, great to have you back posting with us, missed you.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Lovely to see Colin again Wendy, great video of him having a good preen up there on the cliff, as you say he will most likely return later in the year when his duties are done :-)

Lot to learn

• I certainly hope so although the situation has changed here a bit ... new people have moved into the house under his nesthole & next to his telegraph pole & they are not the quietest of people, they have a large extended family with lots of BBQ's & gatherings in the Summer!
    Added to that, in addition to the nesting Magpie pair plus Jackdaws it seems that there is a new Rookery just over the back of the treeline, possibly in the garden of a bungalow up the top! Very noisy just now, constantly flying to & fro calling loudly ... guess they have young?

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr