Some random stuff

I don't have much to share from recent days, what with all the rain! These are the first Goldeneye photos I've managed so far this Winter.

I've not seen any displays yet, but it won't be long

You hear a lot about fake news but not much about fake ducks. This one looks very realistic until you spot the label sticking out from under the wing on its back. I think it says, "wash temperature 30C, do not iron."

A frosty Snipe or two

Luckily, it was a mild frost and the ground wasn't too frozen nearer the lake so they were still able to probe for food.

It was more tricky elsewhere. I suspect a flock of fish had come out under the ice and were swimming around taunting this young Heron!

I haven't found a Christmassy Robin so far. This frosty Dunnock is the closest I've got

The view South from the local moors, towards the Mersey. As far as I can guess, the power station is Fiddlers Ferry, so I reckon if a certain forumate waves from her back door she should be able to spot me on top of the moors Slight smile The far hills on the right must be Welsh. 

I often go a bit arty on landscapes, which isn't for everyone, but here's an impressionist interpretation of a local river - it keeps me busy in the wet Slight smile

Nige   Flickr