Bird of Prey pictures?

Is there a thread for your Bird of Prey pictures on here? I couldn't seem to find one and would love to see your pics (I don't have any - must try harder) so please share

• Angus, I was beginning to wonder if there would be a Kite snap or not--lol!--but merely a collection of unidentifiable shadows, most of which I'm not exactly certain I could see! Lucky you, to have Kites at all, but well caught after scrolling through 100s of photos. We've seen Red Kites at a feeding station in west Wales and it was clear that they do not want to be on the ground at all and at risk of predation. They scoop up small bits of food (they have small talons so they cannot cope with large pieces). Some birds accidentally dropped food onto the small lake on that site, but they circled around and managed to scoop dropped food from the surface of the lake if no other Kite had beat them to it. Gorgeous birds.

Kind regards, Ann

• Well done on your patience going through all the photos on the trail cam. Angus, great to see the Red Kite even if it was a brief shot, such a huge bird and so beautifiul, you're lucky to get one into your garden.

Lot to learn

• What a superb collection of pics Angus.

I bet the video would be just as exhilarating.

• Unfortunately, Mike, the Trail cam has a slow frame rate. The two and a bit frames of the Red Kite are the only ones the trail cam got. It was luck that I spotted it as I fast forward through the video. That's what you get with a cheap trail cam, but then that's all I need.

I've been helping the memsahib make scrubs for the NHS. Found out about this a couple of days ago. Downloaded a pattern, printed it, stuck it together, cut it out and handed it to the old girl to work her magic on t'sewing machine. She constructed a top, yesterday, in a couple of hours. Then a similar amount of time to do the trousers. After washing and ironing, dropping off to Wokingham hospital tomorrow.

I provide IT and ancillary support i.e. research, buying/blagging material, making patterns and labels, etc, etc. Although I can turn my hand to almost any craft or DIY skill, sewing is my blind spot. People fall about laughing hysterically or shield their young children or seek banning orders/counselling upon seeing my sewing efforts. Some countries even regard my efforts as Weapons of Mass Destruction.

90% luck, 5% field craft, 5% camera skills.

• Well done to both you and Mrs Angus! But does she have a lot of spare and appropriate fabric in the house?! Or perhaps a few old tents, parachutes, etc. stacked up in the garage to raid for fabric?

Kind regards, Ann

• As per recommendation from Berkshire NHS trust and on For the love of scrubs, we've been using quality polycotten sheets. About to run out though, so have ordered some material from online. I wonder, given the range of fabrics, colours and styles that scrubs are being made out of by volunteers, can the NHS go back to the single, monotone colour?

90% luck, 5% field craft, 5% camera skills.

• Would like to see medics wearing scrubs made out of flowery pink sheets!! (However, I hope no one on the RSPB Forum has to actually see any medic for many years!) Stay well, everyone.

Kind regards, Ann

• I thought it was about time I posted one of my frequent visitors.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• What a beauty Tony, they are magnificent looking raptors. Must be difficult to source extra chicken scraps during the current lockdown as we have to limit our trips to the shops. You'll have to have start having chicken every day for your dinner lol Never having had House Sparrows visiting before in our old garden, since we moved into the rental I can now appreciate how great an appetite they have for bird food ! they line up each morning saying "hey Mrs, get the food out" !!

Regards, Hazel 

• Unknown said:
    Unfortunately, Mike, the Trail cam has a slow frame rate. The two and a bit frames of the Red Kite are the only ones the trail cam got. It was luck that I spotted it as I fast forward through the video. That's what you get with a cheap trail cam, but then that's all I need.

I've been helping the memsahib make scrubs for the NHS. Found out about this a couple of days ago. Downloaded a pattern, printed it, stuck it together, cut it out and handed it to the old girl to work her magic on t'sewing machine. She constructed a top, yesterday, in a couple of hours. Then a similar amount of time to do the trousers. After washing and ironing, dropping off to Wokingham hospital tomorrow.

I provide IT and ancillary support i.e. research, buying/blagging material, making patterns and labels, etc, etc. Although I can turn my hand to almost any craft or DIY skill, sewing is my blind spot. People fall about laughing hysterically or shield their young children or seek banning orders/counselling upon seeing my sewing efforts. Some countries even regard my efforts as Weapons of Mass Destruction.

I take my hat off to you for making the scrubs for our NHS.

I'm no video expert, in fact I've not even got on the learning curve yet!

What I will say with my Bushnell Natureview HD, is the video files are not very large for 1 minute bursts, which I do upload from time to time to YouTube. That could be the reason why the frame rate is so low,