Another wander along the river, but this time......

Experimenting with my new camera (Bob and Mike...it's all your fault ) And I did get it with Mrs PB's blessing, sort of!!

Starting with some black n yellow stripy things

Then one of my favourites, grey wagtail

Another game of odd one out

And then a couple of shots I wouldn't have got on my old camera... normally described as a blue streak...

• Well done for taking the plunge, PB, and not into the river. I see you went down the Nikon route. Good cameras and good lenses too. It makes such a difference to the quality of the images you can get with decent gear.
    Cracking shots of the Grey Wagtail and well done getting shots of the KF in flight. Never managed it myself.. Have fun.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• In reply to TeeJay:

Thanks Tony, I went Nikon coz my sister has one, so hopefully I can borrow her macro lens at some stage lol (also camera shop had a deal on with 2 lenses included) I didn't realise how big (MB) dslr shots are, but I guess I should have realised because of the detail in them. As to the KF, by the time my old camera's autofocus had found it, it would've been half a mile upstream lol
  • First stripey thing is like the one I posted on Odds & sods thread ... save for the fact that your one's alive!

Second is Syrphus sp. likely a male cos his eyes are close together!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Oh right, Volucella Zonaria? thank you....again..... blimey...you're amazing!!

• In reply to TeeJay:

TeeJay said:
    I see you went down the Nikon route

By the way, how did you know?

• Exif data??

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• In reply to WendyBartter:

But where do you find that... I interwebbed that before I asked and it said right click image then go to properties...but I don't get properties if I right click image 

edit... how odd... I can get the information if I look at the image on my phone, but not from the website on the PC

• Have you edited the images you posted here PB?  I can't get properties on pics that I've re-sized in my photo editor!

I can't get exif data from these images either ... you'll have to wait for TJ to reveal his secret!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

Yeah, resized/cropped all that I've posted, mainly coz of the 4mb limit. The originals that I've looked at are 12-13mb

WendyBartter said:
    can't get exif data from these images either ... you'll have to wait for TJ to reveal his secret!

Sneaky aren't I. I use Chrome and I've installed an app called EXIF viewer from the PLAY store. All I do is right click on the image and from the pop up menu you can access the app. However, I enlarged the image first otherwise it doesn't show all the details. This is what it looks like.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream