My Birding or Critter Day 2019

Got up to Seahouse about 8:30am Saturday morning and it was a nice clear run all the way so never stopped, seeing it was a nice morning we parked outside our digs and had a walk along the cliffs, came back to greet the cleaner who we know so she let us park in the garage under the cottage and let us put our food little as it was in the fridge after she cleaned it out we then headed into the villige and walked down to the harbour and booked a trip out to the Islandswe only did a three hour trip one of whice is alanding on the NT inner Farne Island, sadly the clouds rolled in so it was a little on the dull side but did manage some pictures, here is one for now.

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Wow, can't wait for more pics Jim ! fabulous shot.

Regards, Hazel 

• Thank you Hazel, James and Chris on one of the Serenity boats know us so told us that the Leucistic guillemot was back in the same place with an egg we got to see it twice but always behind others so these are the best i could get, Friday looks like it might turn nice so will go out again and hopfully get a better view.

Quite a large crop on this one.

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• super photos Jim and how unusual that leucistic guillemot looks, nice she is sitting on eggs.

Regards, Hazel 

• It's nice to see the coloration doesn't seem to have negatively impacted this bird. I wonder if the young will be pale as well.

Nige   Flickr

• @ Hazel, I just hope she does manage to bring the young one up thats if the egg is still there its been wild here today I have to force my way up the road that wind was trying ist best to blow me back so only went to the end of the street and took shelter on the gable end of an house and took a few picture of the waves coming over the harbour walls :)

@ Nige, lets hope we do see the young one and what colour it is :)

@ Alan, Thank you i have got loads of pictures just no time to get to them we are trying to get out as often as we can staying in doing pictures is a drag when your on holiday but i am trying to get a few ready :)

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Great photos James, love the one of Bamburgh Castle and the Puffin in flight is a beaut.

Lot to learn

• Thank you Gaynor, after I took the castle and looked at It thought that did turn out better then I was expecting.

Arctic Turn

Young Arctic Turn

Young Black Headed Gull

The Start of a Mugging.

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Amazing shots Jim, really beautiful to see the birdlife there. Hope you enjoy your remaining couple of days there and look forward to the pics as you get them sorted.

Regards, Hazel 

• Excellent stuff, Jim, both the close-ups and the Puffins in flight, especially considering the weather you've had

Nige   Flickr

• Thank you Hazel, I will try and get more posted :)

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group