Leighton Moss & Foulshaw Moss 21-4-2019

Called up at LM got there for 6:55am and called into the salt marsh first had a couple of hours then went to Foulshaw Moss till it was time for dinner back at LM so here are the pictures I got today.

This Willow Warbler greeted me at the car park.

Avocet

BHG

BHG

Godwit

Godwits

Little Egret

Swans

Long tailed tit

Blackcap

Female Reed Bunting

Robin

Willow Warbler

Willow Warbler

Orange Tips

Willow Warbler

These are from Foulshaw Moss

Grasshopper Warbler

Stonechat

Willow Warbler

Tree Pipit

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Glad you are making the most of this fabulous weather and that you also managed to call in at Foulshaw Moss; don't think I've ever seen a tree pipit, well done. Love the Avocet and the Godwits in flight, cracking shots one and all.

Regards, Hazel 

• Thank you Hazel, that was my first Tree pipit at first when I saw it in flight a thought it was a Skylark but when I looked at it I thought not but a chap who saw it just after me said what it was so a new tick for me :)

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Looks like a good day out, Jim, and some excellent shots. Plenty of Warblers and good spots with both the Grasshopper and Tree Pipit. They say there are some Tree Pipits on a Wildlife Trust place near me - I keep meaning to go and see but I haven't yet..
    I went to LM last week but haven't got around to putting any photos up. It might even have been the same Willow Warbler I got in the car park, too! Was the American Wigeon still showing at the estuary hides?

Nige   Flickr

• Thanks Nige, they are all showing well at the moment sadly American Wigeon or the Meditteranean Gull never showed but the AW is still there.

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• All these Warblers, aren't we lucky to get so many birds singing to us. Love the L. Egret, fabulous shot James, and of course the LTT and Blackcap too.

Lot to learn

• We have not visited Foulshaw Moss many times but in the past we have had good Osprey sightings there and on our last visit we had what were probably our best ever Water Rail sightings. You posting these pics has reminded us to add the reserve to our fast growing list of sites to catch up on this year

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• It wont be long before I am up again just want a nice day then I am going Pete.

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Thank you Alan and that's my favourite too.

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group