The Young of 2019

• Awww, bless it Alan, glad she recovered ok.

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Good job you were there to give it a cuddle D!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Young sparrows have been in abundance this year, wherever I've been, home and out.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• In reply to Alan.:

Alan. said:

Knocked itself out against the window but after 10 minutes recovery she was ok.

Brilliant work Alan, one goldie saved from any predators....

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• Well they're still this years young....but they're pretty big, and still all there!

And this one's just showing off

• The young of today, have no respect for other peoples property whatsoever! 

A juvenile wood pigeon thought it could walk on water, except, there's a net over the pond!

If you look to the left of the photo, you'll see the pond fountain....

(Photos taken through upstairs window)

The cheeky thing continued for ages, walking up and down the netting!"

And now for the hungry juvenile sparrows....

(Photos taken through kitchen window)

And the juvenile blue tit, that was taking it in turns with the sparrows to feed....

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• In reply to PimperneBloke:

PimperneBloke said:

Well they're still this years young....but they're pretty big, and still all there!

Lovely photos PB

PimperneBloke said:

Well they're still this years young....but they're pretty big, and still all there!

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• A late brood of Egyptian goslings, taken last Friday 4th October in Regents Park

with Mum and Dad and some pidgies

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• That does seem late to have little ones around. I don't suppose geese are as reliant on summer food as other birds, considering how many come here just for the winter nosh.

Nige   Flickr

• In reply to Nigel O:

Can't remember where I read it but apparently one of the concerning things about Egyptian Geese is that they can breed year round. How long will it be before they are as numerous as Canada Geese? They like to nest in trees and can be a problem for other large birds which also nest high up in trees, birds such as Ospreys. A few years ago a pair of Egyptian Geese took possession of an Osprey nest near Rutland Water, chasing off the young and inexperienced Osprey pair who already had one or more eggs, if I remember rightly. More experienced Ospreys are usually not deterred by the EGs, luckily. The Osprey pair who have been nesting at the only Rutland nest observable by the public have to chase off a pair of EGs every year when they return from their winter holiday.

Kind regards, 

Ann