The Young of 2019

• Well captured and interesting shots Alan, I don't often see Sparrowhawks actually in flight, they're usually perched up or on the ground with prey so well spotted !

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• They've just fledged on my patch Hazel so are stretching their wings, there are at least two youngsters.
    Had 4 sightings this morning, a single bird then two playing together in the wind and then another single bird, so not sure how many there are.

My Flickr photos

• I see trouble ahead in your garden lol    We are renting close to the local wildlife "hospital" and according to our landlord's handyman/gardener they released 4 young Sprawks this year which he says hang around the area so I'll have to keep my eyes to the sky or on the perching posts !

Regards, Hazel 

• Never mind trouble in my garden Hazel I've got a little bully out on my patch.

This one takes on all comers whether adult Robins or other youngsters.

My Flickr photos

• That last photo in particular really shows his character Alan !! lovely set - and Robin !

Regards, Hazel 

• There's one at Pennington like that. It always surprises me that youngsters can get away with it, but perhaps the adults are worn out from breeding!

Nige   Flickr

• Couple of late-ish youngsters in my garden today

Can see yellow on this BB's beak

Robin a bit too speedy ... as usual