Some pictures taken 11-3-2019 at Leighton Moss.

Quite a nice day yesterday sadly came home this morning I did not want to get caught out with this weather coming in :( 

Male Chaffinch.

Female Chaffince.

Coot

Coot Island.

Coot Chase.

Female Pochard.

Golden Eye

Greylag

Jim

My Pictures

• Another lovely collection, Jim. Love the flying Geese.

Kind regards, 

Ann

• Nice pictures Jim,the female Pochard has an interesting feathering pattern on her flanks that do not always see when they are busy diving

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Nice set of photos Jim, so glad the weather held up for your two days and got to revisit LM. As Pete says, the marbled plumage on the Pochard is beautiful.

Regards, Hazel 

My Flickr. photo  link HERE 

• @ Ann, Thank you they looked better on the comp so put a picture up of them :)

@ Pete, I had to ask what it was because I did not recognise it.

@ Hazel, Thank you and the weather did hold off took quite a few pictures so will show some later. I have to go out now and show a nephew how to take some pictures of pizzas topping that he is bringing over to my sisters.

Jim

My Pictures

• Super shots Hope you got home safely

Of all creatures, man is the most detestable, he is the only creature that inflicts pain for sport, knowing it to be pain.
    ~ Mark Twain

• Some lovely images there Jim. Coot island looks like they are ready to repel all boarders!

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• In reply to James:

Coot island looks like they are ready to repel all boarders!

Yes, I see what you mean Paul  ...............................    gotta watch out for those karate kicks  !!

Regards, Hazel 

My Flickr. photo  link HERE 

• Lovely shots Jim I especially like the Chaffies.

My Flickr photos

• Lovely clear photos, Jim. Glad you found a break in the weather as it's not been very pleasant recently. Great capture of the Greylags in flight.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• @ Judim, Thank you and yes the roads were ok just light rain all the way.

@ Paul, They do and they did if anything came close :)

@ Hazel, love it :)

@ Alan, Thanks when they are in good light they do look a lot better.

@Tony, Thank you i have been busy today so not had time to do work on any pictures but will get some more ready to upload.

Jim

My Pictures