Seen in Bristol City Centre!

• In reply to Karen B Suffolk:

Thank You Karen, yes I agree. I love to watch them bob up and down and dive. I took some more photo's of Dippers yesterday. I was lucky to see 3 on the same stretch of water. There was a pair and an intruder that was being constantly chased off. Plenty of scuffles going on but too dark to photograph the action. There are a few photo's on my Flickr page if you would like to look at.....www.ukbirds.co.uk

• Had a walk around the Bristol City Park this morning, 3 x kingfishers and 3 grey herons. Also a grey wagtail, no dipper.

• In reply to Paul Cousins:

That is one beautiful shot of the Kingfisher Paul.

Lot to learn

• In reply to gaynorsl:

Thank you Gaynorsl

Lovely photo … and 3 is a good number of KF's at this time of year.

Nige   Flickr

• A very dull grey day today so I decided to have a quick walk through the park to check on the dipper. It was still showing well along with the kingfishers and grey wagtails.

• Excellent photos.
    I presume there will be a second Dipper somewhere even if you normally only see one at a time. I'm pretty sure the ones local to me have both remained in territory together all winter.

Nige   Flickr

• Thank you Nigel, you are right there are more than one. It is a very large area and parts of the river are not accessible due to the terrain. They are very challenging to photograph as very little light gets through the heavy tree canopy and in some places the banks are very steep. It helps keeps them safe.

This is one of the 3 grey wagtails that I saw yesterday

• There has been a lot of rain in the past week and the River Frome is much higher and faster flowing. I checked out the usual spots where I usually see Dippers and was surprised to see this Dipper carrying out his business in his usual location. However, it was very disappointing to see so much rubbish in the river. The Dipper seemed attracted to it and would land near the old cans and at times standing on the debris.