Seen in Bristol City Centre!

• In reply to gaynorsl:

Thank you gaynorsl...When I look for them I never find them I only tend to see them when I stumble on them while looking for something else.

• Lovely shots, Paul.

My bird photos HERE

• In reply to Paul Cousins:

"Hello Noisette

I've seen them in the Cotswolds but I was trilled to see one in the City Park. Yes Dipper's are one of my favourite birds also but I must say I love the Male Black Redstarts most of all."

We are lucky enough to have one overwintering, it's the same adult male as last year & he loves mealies. He generally works out where we are in the house & bobs around in a treee or on a roof & even on the letterbox, to attract our attention. I get within a few feet of him now.

He's standing on the shed here where the mealies are kept & after I put them on the wall he's there

but he's not greedy, he has 2 or 3 & then fly's off

Happy Xmas Paul!

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• In reply to Noisette:

How lucky you are Noisette to have such a regular visitor. It's their nature and characteristics I love. They will come and greet you and always inquisitive. I don't see many males but plenty of females. You too have a lovely Christmas.

• Superb photos Paul.

Camera shutter noise I've found to usually arouse the curiosity of birds, rather than scare them, as you will see from the images below.

That is done by myself, not the camera...

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• In reply to Mike B:

Tack Sharp Photo's Mike, very nice indeed!, yes you can certainly see the curiosity in the birds faces.

• Smashing set of photos Paul,it is surprising what wildlife is around our town and city centres. Our little North Yorkshire city has three rivers running through or round it and these help attract a variety of birds. After our weekly market just before Christmas a flock of about 20 Pied Wagtails were feeding in the bits left by the fruit and veg stalls,great to see.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• In reply to Seaman:

Thank you Seaman, that must of been great to see. I've never seen more than a pair of Pied Wagtails at the same location.

I walked around the Bristol Park on Boxing Day and the Dipper and now 7 Goosanders are still there, thats been 2 weeks now. Always see Kingfishers and Grey Herons but never know what's going to turn up. I've not seen the Otter yet where as many have. I got some great photo's of Goosanders, they were easy to photograph as the lake is small.

• In reply to Paul Cousins:

Paul - this is so cute! He looks to me like an elderly gentleman who has come out of his club, having eaten too much Sunday dinner and drunk too much port. A little glazed of eye and portly of middle!! Such a super white bib, too, and chestnut waistcoat...

Karen B Suffolk