"Odds & Sods" (old version) - please add to the new thread 2020 instead !

THIS THREAD IS NOW DISCONTINUED,   please add to the new 2020 thread HERE

Often we don't have enough photos to create a full thread so thought I'd start an Odds & Sods thread where you may want to add a pic or two when you don't have enough for their own thread .    Feel free to add your rogues gallery here ! 

I only had a couple of pics today, one a Treecreeper and the other a very hacked off looking Great Egret huddled against the reeds trying to keep warm !

Regards, Hazel 

• Very nice spot Tony

But for future reference please note this thread has been replaced by a new 2020 version to keep it more manageable HERE

Nige   Flickr

• Whilst watching Caerlaverock Swan feeding cam just before 14.00 I saw an Otter (?) dart across from the right & dive in the pond (didn't manage to record that bit) & was quite surprised to see hown much disruption it caused to the Swans, the Geese had all left the pond & stayed out until well after the Otter had left

Best watched full screen to catch Otter actions

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Amazing to see the Otter amongst the swans and geese and loved the fast forward speed at feeding time - reminds me of Martin Mere WWT in Lancashire when the wheelbarrow comes out !

Regards, Hazel 

• Brilliant spot Wendy, the otter was almost rounding up the Swan, the Geese were wary and stayed out of reach. You wouldn't think there would be many fish in there to warrant a visit.

Lot to learn

• Just been googling & apparently they will kill ducks & even chickens!! No wonder this one was given a wide berth!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• They are usually given a wide berth at Leighton Moss too.
    PS don't forget you started the 2020 thread!!

Nige   Flickr

• Completely forgot Nige ... will copy it all across ... later! Lol

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Amazing photos Hazel- Very sweet the one of your brother of a bird on a Kangaroo. By the way- what bird is it- do you know? Are the Water Dragon and Water Lizard from Australia, too? They look very exotic to me.
    It's so incredibly sad what happend to Australia. On a Radio programm I heard they even mentioned the number of estimated1 billion of animals , including birds and reptiles, cremated by the fires. Disappointed relieved And to make things even worse: Of those animals which by luck and struggle, often with bad burns, survived the flames, many are bound to starve or die of dehydration because their habitates are comletely destroyed of course... In this report an Australian woman, an enviromentalist, said that 2 more fires like that and the Koala would be gone forever... And than there is Brazil, where are fires of the same scale or worse...
    Same day I heard on the radio, that they want to get rid of the nuclear wasted water of Fukushima by pumping it into the Ocean - or making steam of it and blow it right into the air- thank you very much, Tepco and Japanese government, for making us sickRage
  • Mart 1 said:
    Very sweet the one of your brother of a bird on a Kangaroo. By the way- what bird is it- do you know?

Thanks Mart,    I think the bird with the Kangaroo is what they call a Willie Wagtail

Regards, Hazel