"Odds & Sods" (old version) - please add to the new thread 2020 instead !

THIS THREAD IS NOW DISCONTINUED,   please add to the new 2020 thread HERE

Often we don't have enough photos to create a full thread so thought I'd start an Odds & Sods thread where you may want to add a pic or two when you don't have enough for their own thread .    Feel free to add your rogues gallery here ! 

I only had a couple of pics today, one a Treecreeper and the other a very hacked off looking Great Egret huddled against the reeds trying to keep warm !

• A couple from Arne today

The web itself was about 9 inches across, and the trees the support strands were attached to were about 6 feet apart!

Distant and cropped Curlew

And even more distant and cropped.... oystercatcher?

• A Grey Heron from a wet, grey morning .

• Looks like he wasn't too happy about the weather either. Funny how they invariably call when flying as if to say "make way I'm coming".
  • That's a beauty Paul, weather's looking a bit unsettled here for the next week or two so if it's not raining and windy in bonny Scotland go get us some more pics when you've got chance lol
  • Thanks folks. A week off coming up soon so perhaps I may get a day when it isn't raining, (although I do enjoy being tucked up snug in a hide all by myself when the weather is howling round about me).!! Mmmmmm.... :-)
  • To illustrate my point, a short sound clip recorded on my phone not long after the photo of the Heron was taken.

When I let Mrs A hear it and she merely looked at me with a look of bewilderment mingled with a feeling of sorrow. She then showed the slightest raising of an eyebrow, but said nothing.!!

I don't care, I like this sort of thing.!! :-)

• Paul A said:
    When I let Mrs A hear it and she merely looked at me with a look of bewilderment mingled with a feeling of sorrow. She then showed the slightest raising of an eyebrow, but said nothing.!!

LOL Paul,    I'm with Mrs A on this one  -   thought it was a goods train passing by at first  !     I feel we are having it not too bad down here in Cheshire compared to that weather.      Btw, you could have at least done a Gene Kelly impression and sang to accompany the sound of the rain !     

• If that is what you like Paul, then you go for it!! Although I would have loved a few lines of "I'm singing in the rain" or "Blowing in the Wind" !