"Odds & Sods" (old version) - please add to the new thread 2020 instead !

THIS THREAD IS NOW DISCONTINUED,   please add to the new 2020 thread HERE

Often we don't have enough photos to create a full thread so thought I'd start an Odds & Sods thread where you may want to add a pic or two when you don't have enough for their own thread .    Feel free to add your rogues gallery here ! 

I only had a couple of pics today, one a Treecreeper and the other a very hacked off looking Great Egret huddled against the reeds trying to keep warm !

Regards, Hazel 

• Goldies do look angry when you photograph them head-on, but excellently timed photo. 

PimperneBloke said:
    Marshy, you scale the bended pole with the dangly bit

Marshy, a very apt name for a Coal Tit!!??

Nige   Flickr

• I was just testing who was awake!!
  • Nice updates all.

lol PB,  I was awake at 4.50am and having breakfast in the hotel at 6.40am but only just logged online !    Travelling back from London tonight so will catch up tomorrow folks.  

Was eventful at times;  not sure if any of you caught this article on the main news with climate change activists outside the Finance (Treasury Ministry) yesterday but we were almost caught up in it and only just escaped all this red dye (beetroot/water)  drenching us by just 3 metres as we ran and took cover across the street  !    We were by the fire engine crossing the street as this happened.  

Quick pic on my mobile and also a clip my nephew took following our escape  to show you how close we were and the red beetroot dye which spread right across the street to where we took cover.      

(will be taking this pic and clip offline once you've seen it as don't want to give this sort of activist action added publicity -  there are better ways to protest where you don't involve innocent members of the public) !

removed pic/clip now  

Regards, Hazel 

• I read that their intention was to spray the Ministry withe the dye but they lost control of the hose so it went all over the street. A lucky escape for you all. Not the best introduction to London for your nephew

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Hi Tony, yes, they no sooner switched on the hose when the pressure blew the end nozzle off & hose became like an uncontrollable snake spraying everywhere so were very fortunate to escape dye free ! That’s all we would have needed after having to pay again for our 3 nights at hotel after booking agent went belly up with our payment. Been an expensive break but on plus side it was fantastic to see nephew again who has grown into a fine young man. He & girlfriend are now on Eurostar & almost in Paris. Hopefully the drama over there has settled down.
    We’ve a long wait for evening train & walked miles already so currently taking a rest in hotel lounge.

Regards, Hazel 

• Unknown said:

Goldies do look angry when you photograph them head-on, but excellently timed photo. 

PimperneBloke said:
    Marshy, you scale the bended pole with the dangly bit

Marshy, a very apt name for a Coal Tit!!??

Brilliant action capture PB, and I have to agree with Nige on the angry look of the goldie.

It must be a combination of the red face dark eyes and that beak.....

• Unknown said:
    Marshy, a very apt name for a Coal Tit

And besides...the finches are well renowned for their inappropriate nicknames of their friends.... it's them that are teaching me what the birds are, no wonder I get confused Thinking

See, here are Greenie, Bully and Woody

• Unknown said:
     I was awake at 4.50am

Are you sure your clock hadn't stopped??

Glad you escaped the hose!!

• Michael B said:
    Brilliant action capture

Thanks Mike, but my theory is if I take shots at 1/2500 sec, 10 per second, for 20 minutes, I'm going to get at least one half decent one Stuck out tongue winking eye

• PimperneBloke said:

Nigel O said:
    Marshy, a very apt name for a Coal Tit

And besides...the finches are well renowned for their inappropriate nicknames of their friends.... it's them that are teaching me what the birds are, no wonder I get confused 

See, here are Greenie, Bully and Woody

A fine save, well done!! Woody looks particularly upset with his nickname.

Nige   Flickr