"Odds & Sods" (old version) - please add to the new thread 2020 instead !

THIS THREAD IS NOW DISCONTINUED,   please add to the new 2020 thread HERE

Often we don't have enough photos to create a full thread so thought I'd start an Odds & Sods thread where you may want to add a pic or two when you don't have enough for their own thread .    Feel free to add your rogues gallery here ! 

I only had a couple of pics today, one a Treecreeper and the other a very hacked off looking Great Egret huddled against the reeds trying to keep warm !

Regards, Hazel 

• Nice captures Nige,   good to see the Heron not going short of fish although he'll need a few more to fill him up !

All I could muster up is a very small patch of blue sky for five mins during the afternoon with a young Swallow getting all excited about its first impending trip to Africa shortly  -

Hopefully next year it will return with fully grown streamers   lol 

and same afternoon today but different sky   !!!     and not much of a chance of catching those HM's in speedy flight    

blurrrr      ! 

and courtyard robin wondering when it was going to stop raining    lol

Regards, Hazel 

• Thanks, Bob S, Nigel, and Hazel for the latest lovely photos. I can't choose a favourite between the Highland Cattle, Deer , Bunny, Heron, Swallow, House Martins or Robin--all gorgeous.

Kind regards, Ann

• The Highland cattle always do it for me,also known as genuine wild Haggis in our family.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Unknown said:
    different fish

Nooo, not Pete and Sebastian, they had so much to live for!!

Nice shots Nige Relaxed

• Good stuff Hazel.... still never seen a swallow
  • Quick trip to the river today, on the hunt for a perching Kingfisher, as I haven't seen one in months, and also to experiment a little with exposure compensation, as my sister said it would help with my Little Egret shots...

Exposure 0.0

Exposure -0.3

Exposure -1.3

Exposure -2.0

Well, what do you know....she know's what she's talking about Grin

And the KF I hear you ask.....

Well they do still perch in Dorset, but hidden in tree's, not out in the open like certain other photographers manage to see...mentioning no name BOB!!! Joy

EDIT … I forgot the kestrel!!

• PimperneBloke said:

And the KF I hear you ask.....

Well they do still perch in Dorset, but hidden in tree's,

If you were small, bright blue and orange you'd soon learn to hide in trees ... especially when there are Kestrels about Slight smile

A nice set of river birds.

Nige   Flickr

• Lovely Kestrel, thanks for remembering!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Unknown said:
    If you were small, bright blue and orange

Damn, you've seen me in my Saturday night gear!!

• Thanks anyway Alan, good to know there's a nice rarity around; weather is beautiful this morning with mostly blue sky and lots of sunshine. We tend to avoid going birding at weekend due to reserves being extra busy and I can only imagine the 6 deep row of birders/photographers if this bird is still around lol With the Pied Wheatear we saw in Nov. last year we waited a few days before going and there were far less people once the "tickers" had gone ! Hopefully this bird may stick around an extra day or two.

post edit:   at least I know what it looks like now  lol 

Regards, Hazel