"Odds & Sods" (old version) - please add to the new thread 2020 instead !

THIS THREAD IS NOW DISCONTINUED,   please add to the new 2020 thread HERE

Often we don't have enough photos to create a full thread so thought I'd start an Odds & Sods thread where you may want to add a pic or two when you don't have enough for their own thread .    Feel free to add your rogues gallery here ! 

I only had a couple of pics today, one a Treecreeper and the other a very hacked off looking Great Egret huddled against the reeds trying to keep warm !

Regards, Hazel 

• OK,  puzzle ..... who's this in our garden ?    no clues ....

photos are record only as it's like night-time outside and pouring down !   

So,   you say Wilma ? ............................................ hmmmm .........................????

turn around little Wagtail ..................

Oh, it must be Wilma's beau  !!    the black bib says it's a male ....

Regards, Hazel 

• Ooooh, what a lovely visitor aitch!

Sooo excited by mine today that am posting on here as well as 'videos' thread ...

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• awww, what a beautiful video clip of the lollipops,  there's a lot around at the moment as they try to maintain their body weight in this terribly cold weather, bless 'em.      Always worry about the smaller birds as they need to eat more often and glad to report I saw our teeny goldcrest today so it's survived the Beast from the East :)

Regards, Hazel 

• Very nice pictures everyone, sadly not been out for over a week now but the weather is getting a little better so might be able to get out for a few hours this week.

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Very nice garden visitors! I'd love to have wagtails and LTTs in my back garden but the latter is always passing by rather than staying for long.

I went out to the city centre park again and found some lovely Redwings feeding in the fields after the snow started to thaw today.

This one found a juicy worm

It was also lovely to see a pair of Song Thrushes too! But I have yet to see a Mistle Thrush this year. 

Finally a very handsome Chaffinch posing on a lovely branch covered in lichen

• This photo is especially for Wendy  -   I'll stick it up on a thread with other photos later a we visited the Wirral today.

Kestrels like to live dangerously  LOL !!

Regards, Hazel 

• Unknown said:

This photo is especially for Wendy  -   I'll stick it up on a thread with other photos later a we visited the Wirral today.

Kestrels like to live dangerously  LOL !!

Great capture Hazel! That Kestrel is living life on the edge haha.

*Warning cuteness overdose below!*

• Love the easter bunny  W.E.  what a cutie as you say.

Regards, Hazel 

• Catch of the day

Male Common Pochard

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• nice one Tony, I love the Egrets especially watching them fishing.     Just catching up with the C.Pochard -  what a handsome duck it is, lovely captures.

This fearsome lady came in on dusk yesterday so a bit grainy - she left empty clawed !       both photos taken through window

and today I noticed a Dunnock having a sun bathe on a mossy rock by small pond ! 

Regards, Hazel