Kestrels in the Quarry 2018 ... Mr K fest continues with meal today 30th Dec!

On a technicality only the one still but am ever hopeful!

This space is reserved for when I catch up with myself enough to edit & post quite a number of visits from Mr K since the start of the new year!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• He does have a cheeky, little face, sitting there bobbing his head up and down!

Certainly does CL ... does this grant him forgiveness for preying on a bird?

tell him birds are off the menu  lol    

Too late aitch!!

***********GORE WARNING*****************

Duly turned up at Tower Restaurant with bird for lunch ...

Must have been disturbed as he flew off with leg in tow ... flew to cliff face but didn't stop long!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• tell him birds are off the menu  lol    

Too late aitch!!

Oh  Noooo ,      naughty boy !      he was like a sprawk pulling the feathers off but couldn't make out what the bird was  - some kind of tit bird possibly - thought at one screen freeze it looked like an LTT  :(        he even swallowed some feathers so will have to cough up a fur ball later   !    Wouldn't believe there was so much meat on a smal bird.       I think you need new quarry (as in prey) rules Wendy   lol

Regards, Hazel 

• Oh dear Wendy, it's a hard old world out there. Still maybe it was an old bird & coming up to it's time! Great video & good to see you still posting. It's gone horribly quiet lately, I can't think why!

We get more Kestrels in the winter, often perched on the poles & wires at the side of the road, a good job they haven't got them all underground yet.

Best wishes

Hazel in Southwest France

• Still maybe it was an old bird & coming up to it's time!

Nice to think of Mr K benefitting by recycling rather than bird going to waste!  Can't see our telegraph poles & wires disappearing below surface any time soon out here in the sticks although we do have electric & running water! Lol

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• That was one of your (Mr K's) more gory vids … er, well done!!?? There were a lot of pale feathers for a small bird, so it might well have been a Lollipop.

Even if your telegraph poles do go, there'll always be streetlights as high perches ... though maybe not in a quarry!

Nige   Flickr

• Can't see our telegraph poles & wires disappearing below surface any time soon out here in the sticks although we do have electric & running water! Lol

Well they talk about it over here, but our village doesn't even have mains drains! & we only have electricity between the power-cuts, which are often in winter, mainly due to the poles falling over (too much wine) LOL

Best wishes

• Great photos and video Wendy, he took his time eating what seemed like a small meal and is looking so handsome.

Lot to learn

• Lol H, sounds a tad more rustic than my quarry!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• he took his time eating what seemed like a small meal

That was in real time too Gaynor & try as I might I couldn't decide what bird it was!

might well have been a Lollipop

Felt that it was something a bit larger Nige!

That was one of your (Mr K's) more gory vids

There have been worse ones, believe me! Lol

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• I thought I caught sight of a bright yellow bit & wondered if it was a goldfinch?

Best wishes