Amphibiens & Reptiles 2018/2019

It took me ages to find this one https://ww2.rspb.org.uk/community/wildlife/f/13609/t/110320.aspx?pi2132219858=2#838911 so thought I'd start a new one. I had a couple of newts larking around the moth trap towards the end of november, one of them had what looks like a woodlouse

& a green frog too from October

Anyone had any others recently?

Best wishes

Hazel in Southwest France

• I still do have frogs Nige ... had five til one got damaged & died a couple of days ago, thought to take a couple of pics this evening ...

My biggest one ...

Closer view of that fabulous eye

Other three are still quite substantial size ...

Wondering if this one has a leech attached under the eye, can't quite make it out?

The netting is 2" square plastic  temporarily in place to stop the large numbers of baby Starlings from drowning themselves ... they perch on it & drink from the pond & where it sinks a bit in the middle they take a bath!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• I'd've thought they'd have gone hunting and dispersed again.
    I saw a couple of titchy ones in Foulshaw Moss last week (bigger than froglets but not by much), but I've not seen a big one or one in water since spawning.

Nige   Flickr

• They do go out foraging Nige, have seen them out in the greenery but they always return to pond ... except for the one who didn't quite make it!!

Even more amazing is that I may get some late spawn via neighbour's Auntie who already has some from a friend who has some more!!! 

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Seven Frogs was latest count couple of days ago but see them out of pond more often

This biggie sat on edge 

Quite a small one in overflow puddle

Frog had to backtrack as didn't fit (have removed this mesh now)

Two Newts now ... but very difficult to get good pics

Second Newt

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• You've got quite a collection now - nice to see.

Nige   Flickr

• Factoring in the two Hoggies that visit nightly am quite pleased in having a burgeoning wildlife habitat! Does help that this area is quite secluded & not on show so can keep it quite casual, my bird feeding & potting up area so organised chaos really!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Been raining here for hours, just been out to feed Hoggies & saw multiple frogs & two newts again one of which climbed out of pond & went walkabout in garden (no cam!)  Dashed in to get it to capture archetypal frog on lilypad

Couple of frogs with other newt

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• It was good weather here yesterday for Frogs & Newts, around 40mm of rain in the day. better today! Nice to see your wildlife Wendy.

Best wishes

• Great to see all the frog and newts in your pond Wendy, shows how good that area is for them.

Regards, Hazel 

• We've seen a few of these recently, must be a good year for them, we call them Big Green Lizards, for obvious reasons

I only had the macro lens, one snap & it was gone!

Best wishes