How about a corvid thread?couple more tonight

Here's a few shots from Sunday

I was glad to see Mr Rook doing a grand job of cleaning up the mess left by spadgers earlier.

Isn't he a handsome chap.

A few of his cousins just wonder if they can help

She made it safely I wonder if I can

I'm watching you carefully

Phew...made it.

Got rid of those pesky jackdaws and now you can see my lovely plumage

Shame that person with the camera left out my tail!!

Just showing that I'm good at sharing really.

Hope you like them

Gaynor

Lot to learn

• Just a couple really, here goes

these two Jackdaws sitting pretty out on the field a few days ago

Mr Crow or Rook watching me from above

Just trying a flight shot

Chase on

Then I got distracted by a number of planes slowly crossing the sky on their way to Manchester Airport,

Thanks for looking

Lot to learn

• Good Pics Gaynor not forgetting the commentry
  • Nesting jackdaws in the eaves of the medieval moated house, Baddesley Clinton.

Up on the roof (original by Little Eva summer 1962, charted by Kenny Lynch Dec 1962 and Julie Grant Jan 1963, though The Drifters did have their own version), with food for the brood!

After going in through the back door, one came out through the front door....

And using the front door to go in this time!

"And don't forget to close the door behind you..."

• They have found a good home from home haven't they, keeps them safe from the heavy showers we are getting this way. The local Jackdaws here are Up on the Roof or rather chimney pots, so out in the open.

Lot to learn

• i love robins said:
    Good Photos Mike

Thank you

• gaynorsl said:
    They have found a good home from home haven't they, keeps them safe from the heavy showers we are getting this way. The local Jackdaws here are Up on the Roof or rather chimney pots, so out in the open.

They certainly have. I don't think many of the team there were aware of the nest(s), (very possible more than one) until I pointed them out. One team member I was talking to felt they were possibly in the roof space, if they're going in one side and coming out the other. She even mention the WL&CA 1981 means some planned work later this summer to secure a couple of tiles on the roof will not now be going ahead.

If the tiles did fall, the worst case scenario is they fall into the moat, no public will be harmed, and with the tiles only being on the edge, only the eaves will be more exposed.

I don't think I've seen so many jackdaws there, and in fact, generally, for a very long time.