How about a corvid thread?couple more tonight

• Carrion Crow from a few weeks back.

My bird photos HERE

• In reply to Paul A:

That is a lovely pic of the carrion crow Paul, just love the glossy plumage and his beady eye on you.

Lot to learn

• This Crow seems to have gone a bit salt and pepper …

Nige   Flickr

• In reply to Nigel O:

Almost a Magpie tail!!, I do like his beady eye fixed on you Nigel.   Great shot, look at that plumage:-)

Lot to learn

• A few garden corvids;   Jay and Magpie  

doesn't take long for the Jays to spot some fresh pastry and peanuts ........there are four Jays around and saw three today.

record shot of two of the Jays together ....

Magpie

wheeeeeee  .............

not the best shot but I loved the way this cheeky Jay tilted it's head staring down at me     lol

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to HAZY:

Those Jays are so smart Hazy, had to laugh as I waited for the pics to open and slowly what looked like the top of your bedpost appeared in the Magpie photo, I thought ......  heavens, she is taking it a bit too far now sleeping outside to get good pics:-)

Lot to learn

• In reply to gaynorsl:

LOL Gaynor  !!     it's the top of the summerhouse ...... and that I could sleep in as it has power/light and telephone if I need it   ha ha     

Regards, Hazel 

• Jays are always great photo subjects but "Wheeee…" is great too. I always assumed birds would take off with their wings open but I have enough photos of my own to know they never do from height - they just jump and hope to get flight speed before hitting the ground! I suppose it saves energy and so makes sense … it just doesn't look right somehow!!!

Nige   Flickr

• In reply to Nigel O:

I always assumed birds would take off with their wings open but I have enough photos of my own to know they never do from height

Yes it's amazing how they launch themselves with closed wings from height;    I had a photo of the Jay which I was going to put on bad pics as he was almost going out of frame by the time I pressed the shutter button !     but seeing as we are talking about leaps of faith and no wings   !! ...........................  at least its still in focus    lol

Regards, Hazel 

• Jackdaw and Crows from Tatton Park today .......

Regards, Hazel