How about a corvid thread?couple more tonight

Here's a few shots from Sunday

I was glad to see Mr Rook doing a grand job of cleaning up the mess left by spadgers earlier.

Isn't he a handsome chap.

A few of his cousins just wonder if they can help

She made it safely I wonder if I can

I'm watching you carefully

Phew...made it.

Got rid of those pesky jackdaws and now you can see my lovely plumage

Shame that person with the camera left out my tail!!

Just showing that I'm good at sharing really.

Hope you like them

Gaynor

Lot to learn

• Those Jays are so smart Hazy, had to laugh as I waited for the pics to open and slowly what looked like the top of your bedpost appeared in the Magpie photo, I thought ......  heavens, she is taking it a bit too far now sleeping outside to get good pics:-)

Lot to learn

• LOL Gaynor  !!     it's the top of the summerhouse ...... and that I could sleep in as it has power/light and telephone if I need it   ha ha     

Regards, Hazel 

• Jays are always great photo subjects but "Wheeee…" is great too. I always assumed birds would take off with their wings open but I have enough photos of my own to know they never do from height - they just jump and hope to get flight speed before hitting the ground! I suppose it saves energy and so makes sense … it just doesn't look right somehow!!!

Nige   Flickr

• I always assumed birds would take off with their wings open but I have enough photos of my own to know they never do from height

Yes it's amazing how they launch themselves with closed wings from height;    I had a photo of the Jay which I was going to put on bad pics as he was almost going out of frame by the time I pressed the shutter button !     but seeing as we are talking about leaps of faith and no wings   !! ...........................  at least its still in focus    lol

Regards, Hazel 

• Jackdaw and Crows from Tatton Park today .......

Regards, Hazel 

• Lovely shots Hazy, so glossy aren't they, must be getting ready for the coming season. We had it sunny here here today too, after having two days of drizzle and gloom with cold wind. Luckily I didn't see any birds while out walking as I have lent a friend my camera to take photos of red squirrels he has coming into his garden. Apparently they have been seeing a black one too, so hope they get some good photos.

Lot to learn

• Thanks Gaynor, I like the sound of a black squirrel - how unusual so hope your friend manages to capture one on camera along with the reds.

Regards, Hazel 

• Great shots Alan, just shows how great these birds are for firking out the food from difficult places:-) Don't know if that is how you spell "firking", just an expression my hubby used to use!!!! Gorgeous last shot, I would be enlarging that and framing it.

Lot to learn

• Jay in garden yesterday ...........

Regards, Hazel 

• More corvids from today;    Magpies and Jackdaw

Regards, Hazel