Hollingworth Lake Littleborough

This is about the best place around here to see any wildlife so i call up often with my mate, another Jim :)

This is what I saw today.

Chiffchaff I think.

Common Sandpiper

Dunnock with catch.

Heron

Pied Wagtail.

Unknown?

Jim

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• you certainly saw some lovely birds and also the butterfly and lovely photos of them all.     Were you not tempted to go to Forest of Bowland area,  visit Whitendale (walk up from Dunsop Bridge 3 miles each way ! )  to see the mega Pallid Harrier (m) who's been showing for a few days sky-dancing and putting on, by all accounts, spectacular displays ?    HERE    there are photos of it. 

Regards, Hazel 

• Sadly my mate works nights so just had a few hours with him so he could get back home and have a few hours in bed Hazel.

Jim

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Oh, that's a pity James, you are a lot closer to that area than me so thought if it was still there it might be worth a recce although the long walk of 6 miles round trip is something to carefully consider !  I think the weekend will see a football crowd of birders  lol

Regards, Hazel 

• I would be able to do the round trip if it was on the flat Hazel, but it's uphill as well so might take me a while and like you say the weekend it will be busy up there.

Jim

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group