A feathered tour of Felixstowe!

Well some of Felixstowe, anyway.  It has been a glorious day here and some of the locals have been looking suitably stunning!  The first birds were snapped in Old Felixstowe, and they were well worth the photographic effort:

This jackdaw's feathers looked so beautiful in the sunlight!

He's clearly enjoying the spring weather.

This pair of wood pigeons were getting fruity on a nearby roof.

The road to Felixstowe Ferry goes through the golf course.  I've seen some lovely birds on here over the years but an oystercatcher is a first.

This turnstone was pottering about on the mud flats behind the boatyard.

How much is this kitty in the window?

A black-headed gull was flying joyfully on the wind.

I made a big effort to get it in flight as I usually stick to the bigger (and easier!) gulls.

I'm quite pleased with these - these gulls are so effortlessly quick and dainty in flight!

I was sitting on a bench in front of the Ferry Boat Inn when this stunning crow flew over.

I always love to watch their graceful flight.

A female sparrow having a quiet few moments.

It was certainly a good afternoon for corvids!

The back road from the Ferry to my home is a particularly picturesque part of Felixstowe.  I was pleased to see these partridges, especially when they didn't flee from the camera.

This beautiful starling was seriously adding to the sounds of the neighbourhood!  I love hearing them.

I'm finishing with this handsome blackbird.

Enjoy, as always!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.