All about Insects 2017

Better late than never, I'm just starting this off with this little beetle that came in from the cold recently, I don't know what it is yet

I think it may have been injured when I scraped it off my neck!!

THIS is a link to old thread.

Best wishes

Hazel in Southwest France

• Gorgeous photo of the Orange tip TJ, must be brand new.

Best wishes

• Whilst taking a break from gardening I found myself chasing this little blighter round the garden. Luckily, it kept coming back to Erysimum 'Bowles's Mauve'  which is in flower. My god, it was never still so I struggled to get photos.

I'm pretty sure it's a Bee-fly and I think Bombylius major, but if anyone knows differently please let me know.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Looking at the size of the proboscis you could be right Tony.

Jim

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Well done catching up with the busy bee Tony !   I better go check my Erysimums as there have been a few bees, wasps and the odd butterfly around in the sunshine.   I saw a smaller bee (with fuzzy fur back ! )   but will have to grab some photos;  looks smaller than a miner bee which we've had before but I'll need to "swat" up some more on my insects  lol  

Regards, Hazel 

• I'm not up to identifying insects, so I'd have been forced to settle for the "little blighter" but you've definitely done it justice, anyway.

Nige   Flickr

• Another warm and sunny day on my local patch so I bagged a few more butterflies. They were all very flighty so getting any photos was a challenge.

I'm a little uncertain about the ID of this one. I couldn't see the underwing which would have helped greatly. So the possibilities are: Small White, female Orange-tip or a male Green-veined White. Any thoughts gratefully received.

Red Admiral

A Comma  .....

....... and an underwing shot with its white "comma" showing nicely.

My first blue of the season which I think is a Holly Blue but please correct me if I'm mistaken.

If this lovely warm weather continues it could be a good year for butterflies.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Lovely photos TJ. I would go for Green-veined White because the black blob is in the wrong place for female Orange Tip, & the black triangle extends further down the wing on the Green-veined White as it does in your photo;

Best wishes

• Very nice TJ sadly can't help you with the ID's

Jim

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• The only visitor to Moth trap last night ...

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Nice capture of the Lacewing Wendy.

Jim

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group