Pacific Diver Northumberland.

Managed to see the Pacific diver today at the Coastal park in Northumberland  A nice find and . a great little performer, Record shots only

• Unknown said:
    Record shots only

You do yourself an injustice, Brian, those are cracking shots. You can even see the characteristic chin strap ( I had to look it up). Well done on locating it and thanks for sharing your photos with us. I've never seen one and it's unlikely I ever will.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Thanks Tony, not my find (I Wish) but it was a showy bird, plenty of folks got much better images than me. Hopefully will get accepted after  all records are produced,it will be  a first for Northumberland.

• There's been some really rare birds turning up on the east and north-east coasts this winter. I wonder if Terry (turboman) who lives up that way will have seen it as well.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Ohh, I'm jealous Brian! They are very good photos too-what a stunning diver. I've wanted to see one of these for years-we have annual sightings of one in Mount's bay (Penzance) and it is currently being reported there at the moment. I've only seen it through kindly birders scopes though,as it's always too far out to seen with my binoculars

Jayne

See my Flickr photos here.

• I agree with Tony and Jayne,  those are brilliant shots Brian and what a great find !   It's got such fabulous plumage;  wished I lived nearer lol   well done.

Regards, Hazel 

• What a lovely bird, though my favourite shot is the second due to the rippling light on the water.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Thanks, everyone its a lot of years since ive seen a new species, i really enjoyed this bird.

• What a beauty, Brian!  Lucky you to see such a gorgeous bird!  Like TJ, my chances of ever seeing one are rather slim but I love to see photos of such birds.

Kind regards, Ann

• Nice bird to see I'll bet Druridge Bay was quite busy with birders for this one. I was lucky enough to see the first for Britain back in Jan.2007,again not my find in the plumage we saw I almost had it as a Black Throated as we were only using bins on the way home from work. This one stayed for over three weeks

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Not too bad Pete about 20 there but folks were coming and going all the time i was there mainly well behaved.