Wilma's back :) update 2nd September

Old friend Wilma Grey Wagtail appeared again this afternoon and stayed for hours;     she had called in about a month ago when the painters were here but with all the work going on she didn't stay for longer than 15 mins.   Nice to see her back and we had the biggest surprise after she disappeared and then returned an hour later and brought in another 3 or 4 Wagtails with her (to be honest I lost count and there could have been 5 of them at least,  two on stone bench, two on waterfall and at one stage there was one on shed and one on garage roof so I couldn't keep up with them.    As we were outside at the time most did not stay but two did for a while.     Pity I couldn't get them on camera when they all returned together - my camera was outside on patio table but when I had to pass the pond to retrieve the camera 3 or 4 spooked leaving two Waggies.    

Was a lovely sight and hope they all return tomorrow although weather looks pretty grim and rainy :(

Here's what I did get and I'm 99% certain that Wilma was the first one to arrive as she used the same behaviour and perched on her favourite pond light as she used to do !!

most photos taken through window but did manage a couple of pics when outside. 

Here's Wilma with her best pose   lol

and Wilma perched on her favourite pond light ............watching Cyril    lol    

she wasn't bothered one bit even when there were two squirrels.......

and these were taken outside ......      now I don't know who's who in  Waggie-world   ........

it was difficult to get even two of the Waggies in one pic as they were spread out all over the place ......  

but here's two of them although not a great pic  ...

different Waggie here .............

definitely Wilma next .............      she certainly looks bonnie     lol       nice to know she had a brood :)

Regards, Hazel 

• Lovely to see to Wilma & clan, I haven't seen one for a long time. Your garden is certainly a haven for birds.

Best wishes

Hazel in Southwest France

• @ Tony,   yes, raining here too after a few hours of dry weather this morning when I got my feeder chores done before the rain arrived.    I sprinkled some mealies on the rocks but an hour later I spotted the Jay returning  !!  no mealies left now.

@ Hazel,   Hope you get to see a Grey Waggie soon,  not sure we would have seen one at all here except for the pond being put in.    They sure are water babies !

Regards, Hazel 

• That's just lovely that Wilma brought her family back to her roots to see you. Hope they stay around for you.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Thanks Catlady,  not seen them today so far but its not nice weather and I've been doing some indoor chores so now looking out of window much !    They certainly cheer the day up when they all arrive en masse  lol

Regards, Hazel 

• Real water babies.

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• So pleased for you aitch ... & us too as we get to share!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Great moments Hazel. Have they been back? Wagtails are people friendly, you will have some charming models around!

My Gallery

"Any glimpse into the life of an animal quickens our own and makes it so much the larger and better in every way." John Muir

• thanks all, Wilma was back today on her own but not sure how long she was here as I was out watching the Tour of Britain head into our local park !

Regards, Hazel 

• Did you get a real buzz as they cycled past Hazy, I know I did when they passed by was it last year at the bottom of our road.   I took a good video of them but find I can't play it now as for some reason I get black lines across the page :(

Lot to learn

• gaynorsl said:
    Did you get a real buzz as they cycled past Hazy, I know I did when they passed by was it last year at the bottom of our road.

got to say Gaynor, it was a thrill to see our local park chosen as the finish line for stage 3 and that they did two circuits through Knutsford :)    I have never seen so many bicycles ..........and I don't mean the Peloton  lol    seems every man and his dog came on their bikes today to see this event.    Tiring afternoon though, walking 6 kilometres from entrance to near finish line and back again, on feet for total of 5 hours without so much as a sit down or cup of tea !   It was so humid I should have taken some water with me, however, thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere and seeing 3 Brits win out this stage !     I don't know how those guys do it, what a tough race and they are heading into Wales tomorrow on the longest sector.   

Regards, Hazel