Cuckoo

This is a photo I took whilst at centre parcs, Nottingham, earlier this yr. I am new to posting photos so just really using this as a tester to see if it works, but it is also a special bird to myself as it's my first cuckoo 'tick'
  • Wow the photo looks massive, any tips on how to make the photo smaller wen posting would be appreciated (if it needs to be?), plus any way of putting the photos ok without u guys having to click the photo itself? I'm using my iphone btw

• Ha it's funny you say that, as I have never been able to post photos because of this, (that and because my laptop doesn't like getting up out of bed never mind uploading photos!!) but I just thought I would give it another go, as I have just done the iOS 7 update. so something must of changed for it to work!! It's the iphone 4 (I think the s)

• Hi Lee

Can't help with the I Phone information as I use Android, but yes that is a Cuckoo.

Regards Shane

My Photos in Flickr.

• How exciting LEE - I am delighted for you . I've never seen a cuckoo live. Fancy one turning up at Centre Parcs - it isn't the first place I'd recommend to go see cuckoos LoL . A lovely capture

• Well spotted Lee,  what a brilliant find :)  guess it was on a holiday break  lol

Regards, Hazel 

• It was indeed!! And this sighting was from the lodge that I was staying in!! I saw it almost immediately after arriving, and then I noticed it returning 3-4 times a day, mainly first thing on a morning. So one morning I got up early and sat quietly hiding behind the bbqs that are built out of brick at the back patio area of where we was staying, and waited patiently until it arrived.

Wen I arrived at the centre parcs nature centre I told a worker of the sighting, which he said to me 'are u sure it wasn't a pigeon' hence not really taking me serious. So when I revealed my canon with numerous photos of the cuckoo, he couldn't believe his eyes!! He made the wardens aware of the sighting and they said they would keep an eye out. I am returning to the same place again this yr so I am looking forward to asking them if he/she had any breeding success, as there were reports of a dunnocks nest very close to the area it was 'hanging about'