Spring has firmly announced its arrival with our first Swallow, Sand Martin and Willow Warbler freshly back from their wintering grounds in Africa. I love seeing the swallows especially, they always seem to arrive on really nice sunny days, and this year has been no exception!

It has been a glorious week of sunshine and our eagles have been making the most of the sun, perching out on their perching tree, preening themselves vigorously getting ready for the hatching of their chicks..... only 1 week away now!!!!

So the eagles are still putting on a great show for everybody, and for a brief 5 minutes in the middle of the week both birds appeared perched up in their tree! At first we all stared, wondering why there wasn't a bird on the nest....had something terrible happened? But Skye set all our minds at rest as he got up and flew straight back to sit on the eggs.......Phew!! He'd been away from the nest for over 3 hours before that, so I think Frisa just came off the nest to give him a good ticking off for being such a long time!!! Poor Skye.....but he'd only himself to blame! Funnily enough, the next few days he was back to the nest within a couple of hours of changing over to Frisa, so it looks like he learnt his lesson!!

With Skye back in his place, and Frisa perching out as I write this, everything is just fine and hopefully, by this time next week, their eggs will have become small bundles of white fluff with ferocious appetites....... Then Skye and Frisas work really begins!!!!!