Not a great start to this week; wind, rain, hail, snow and strong winds...... it's true what they say about the weather on Mull, you really do get all four seasons in one day up here!

But in the midst of the heavy showers and even a hefty blizzard or two our eagles Frisa and Skye continue to delight visitors, (even if not appearing straight away.... good things come to those who wait!), and everybody goes home with a great big smile!

Views this week haven't been the best, mainly because of the weather, but with the intermittent sunny spells the birds have duly appeared almost on cue!

Even though the eagles have been up and about, again cameos of Whooper Swans, (which have reached a maximum of 14 birds during the week), Hen Harriers, Short-eared Owls, Golden Eagles and our ever present Buzzards have all rivalled for the attention of on-lookers.

However, highlight of the week for me has been the brief visit of a superb summer plumaged Black-throated Diver for a day mid-week, almost trying to out-fox us by diving under the water and appearing in a completely different spot! Despite his games, we had some fantastic views of him, and it was wonderful to see him in the telescope, giving us chance to look at his striking plumage in great detail....... What a cracker!!!!

Frisa and Skye are still faithfully carrying out their duty of incubating and the countdown continues....... 2 weeks - not long now and our eagles will be proud parents once again. Lets just hope they have better luck than last year....... I know I'll be keeping fingers, toes and anything else I can crossed!!!

• Hello Chris from the Fisher family from Lancaster. We visited you last week on Monday in the Snow and Wind with our daughter Mairi and son Alistair. We had a really great time and it was very exciting seeing the eagle. Mairi loved it and you were really great with her; very educational!! We thought we saw a couple of eagles later in the week as we were driving on the road near Loch Frisa very high up in the sky, they certainly had white tails and seemed to have the classic eagle wing shape - but we're not experts... Thanks again....

• Thank you Chris for keeping an eye out for us - sitting here on the other side of the planet in warm old Sydney town its nice to know that another Eagle fan is watching.......and counting down.

(see - u just never know who is interested!)

keep on watching for us....Annie