In haste, as I need to get up there to check all is well today, but Frisa and Skye have successfully hatched young at Loch Frisa this year! They are right on schedule and so far, all seems ok. At least two rabbits have been taken in as food and Frisa has been tenderly feeding tiny morsels to the chick(s). We hope there are two but time will tell. A big thank you to all the local Mull Eagle Watch volunteers, Strathclyde Police, Air Cadets and visitors who have kept an eye on things for us over the last 38 long days and nights. We still have a very long way to go - 12 weeks in the nest in fact - but it's a great start to the season at the Eagle Hide.

I just wanted to share this breaking news story with you and I will give a full update later. Got to dash.......................

Dave Sexton RSPB Scotland Mull Officer

Dave Sexton, RSPB Scotland Mull Officer

• That's absolutely brilliant news, Dave- thankyou! Was a big surprise to me as hadn't realised Frisa had been incubating that long! Can't wait for July, when we hope to see it all for ourselves. Big THANKYOU to everyone involved in keeping them safe.
  • Great news for Skye and Frisha. I understand that the two SE which were disturbed last year have also had a hatch. Hopefully we will get to Mull to see them all sometime this year. Keep up the good work and thanks for taking care of the birds.
  • HI Dave yes Wild Freckle i am sure all tourists to Mull echo your views and great to know that the pair that was disturbed last year have hatched as well,they also must have given a lot of pleasure to a lot of people and we have met a lot of really friendly people there.We once met a fabulous wildlife artist Jane Milloy there i am sure all bird lovers would like her website.Best wishes.
  • WONDERFUL NEWS DAVE,,,Congratulations to Frisa and Skye Lets hope there's 2 or even 3.... I also add my hearty cheers to the volunteers who have done such sterling work...wish I were young enough to join them !! I am awaiting the birth of my first grandchild in a couple of weeks time.... Isn't spring wonderful.....
  • I tried to send a report early in April about seeing 4 white-tailed eagles over the South side of the Ardnamurchan peninsula. we also saw one about 30 yards from out car! I don't think I managed to send the blog correctly. Is there any whay you can check the site to see if you got the info.

Barbara