Sorry for the delay in updating things for you. It's just that time of year...

It's been a long day and the eyelids are drooping so just for now, here's today's busy headlines. One day on Mull in 10 bullet points.

• 0900 Loch Frisa: now you see them, now you don't. Frisa & Skye AWOL. Not a hint. They're not where they should be. Worried.
  • 1100 New pair just established have had their first nest severely blown around in the gales so it's back to square one for them. Both sitting close together in the remains of their nest. Sad.
  • 1300 Fruitless search for second new establishing pair. Not in any of their usual areas or perches. Meet landowners. The clock is ticking. Have they snuck off somewhere else? Frustrating.
  • 1500 Our 2008 satellite tagged sea eagle 'Breagha' sighted on the beach at Killiechronan. I knew from her last data set she wasn't far away and there she was looking quite grown up at nearly 3 years old. Fabulous.
  • 1600 Breagha steals some prey off another immature on the hill. That's my girl!
  • 1630 YBS and mate side by side and getting ready...  Exciting.
  • 1645 No signal from Kellan. Worried again.
  • 1730 Finally found another pair re-building on an old nest after their favoured 2010 nest and tree vanished in the storms. Relieved.
  • 1830 At last a weak signal from Kellan and a long way from his usual haunts since release. Is he finally on the move? Snow, sleet, dusk and gales closing in. All done in.
  • 1930 Home. Family. Fire. Pizza. Beer.  But not necessarily in that order.

TGIF.

ps if Debby's still awake and wants to add some great pics from the Eagle Hide trip today or anything else, I think this blog could do with some illustrations! Debby?

Goodnight.

Dave Sexton, RSPB Scotland Mull Officer

• Thank you for that update Dave, glad to hear that Frisa and Skye relocated, and God Bless Kellan and give him the strength he needs, not that I am really a religious person!  I like the Dave Allen quote, very apt.

• Phew, glad Skye & Frisa are ok - I was worried when I read the blog on Saturday morning. Good to hear Kellen is doing well too, long may it continue.

Let's hope the weather cheers up soon - I can imagine they're loving the cold, rainy, windy days as much as I do!

~ Karen ~
    Pet & Widlife Artist living in southern Perthshire. A self confessed White-Tailed Eagle-holic!

• Sunday update:

Frisa & Skye relocated; all seems well with them. Getting ready...

Brief view of a bird I suspect was Breagha very close to Frisa & Skye's chosen nest site. Interesting that she seems to be 'coming home' at this time of year. We'll see what the sat tag data says shortly.

Stronger signal and then finally a sighting of Kellan flying well in his new area a mile or so from where he was released and has spent the last few months. Last seen late afternoon perched high in a conifer before flying out of site to the south east. Weather was atrocious; very cold with torrential freezing sleet. He looked ok and flew strongly though I suspect he hasn't fed in a few days. This will be one of his biggest tests yet. Finally he is doing what young sea eagles are meant to do. Spreading his very slightly wonky wings and venturing forth. As comedian Dave Allen used to say: "...may your God go with you..."

Dave

Dave Sexton, RSPB Scotland Mull Officer

• I hope that you spot Kellan soon..... and Skye and Frisa too.  Thank you for the update, over on the Island 6th May and looking forward to seeing Debby and perhaps get to meet you this time David. I appreciate you update, especially when your tired and have family to spend time with.  Take care.

• Good to hear from you Dave.

I was hoping you would be saying that Frisa and Skye were finishing their nest off in last years or a new one, hope they are fine, please let us know as soon as you spot them please.

Hope your weather improves during the week and the birds can complete their nests.

Fingers crossed for a good season.

Jillian