Well - just back from Loch Frisa, having been soaked and battered by the wind and rain.  I am pleased to say that both Skye and Frisa are well and Frisa has been feeding two chicks.  They are fantastic parents doing such a great job in this awful weather we are having!  The chicks are only 3 weeks old so still have a lot to get through but at the moment, both doing OK.

The rain had eased for most of the day but was replaced by strong winds but as I sit typing this, the rain is lashing down again - our rivers are full and the lowlands are flooding - lets hope there is an end to this very wet and windy spell - after all - isnt it supposed to be Summer now?

Hopefully a better night's sleep tonight for everyone!

• Hi Debby many thanks for another update so good of you and Dave to keep us well informed.Yes they are great parents and unfortunately will be really tested as it looks as if weather on Mull will be terrible until Monday.So pleased both chicks surviving but what a stressful start for you and Sue on your new job.We shall miss out on updates for a few days as we shall be away from computer so shall look forward to updates later.best wishes and hope you all weather the storm.
  • Thanks so much Debby, yes we can have a better night's sleep. I realise the chicks have a lot to go through but Skey and Frisa are such good parents. Hope the rain and wind stops soon for you all.

Margobird