Just a quick update tonight but what an update!!

As mentioned earlier, our chicks at Loch Frisa were ringed last Wednesday.  One of the guys working for the Forestry Commission (Scotland) who was helping took some photos of the chicks.  It is just so exciting to be able to see them so close rather than staring at them through a telescope and binoculars.  They will be 8 weeks old tomorrow and are ever edging closer to fledging.  They fledge at about 12 weeks and that's when their adventures will reallly start, venturing out into the big wide world - but more of that when it happens and of course, we will keep you posted.

Loch Frisa Chicks 2009 Ringing

Loch Frisa Chicks 2009

Photo Courtesy Alasdair Cameron Forestry Commission (Scotland) 

Loch Frisa Chicks 2009 - Ringing Time 

Loch Frisa chicks 2009

Photo courtesy Alasdair Cameron Forestry Commission (Scotland)

Loch Frisa Chicks 2009 - Ringing Time

Loch Frisa Chicks 2009

Photo Courtesy Alasdair Cameron Forestry Commission (Scotland) 

If you are following the Estonian webcam, you will see that their chicks were ringed too, a couple of days before ours.  live sea eagle webcam 

Dont forget you can join the RSPB and support our work with the eagles - just click the 'Join now' button  

Also - a reminder to sign the Birds of Prey Pledge http://www.rspb.org.uk/supporting/campaigns/birdsofprey/

• Beautiful???? They are the like gargoyles!!!!! Sorry guys! Wonderful, precious, inspiring, lovable, treasured....but beautiful???????????

• Hi Debbie thanks  for the photos and updates, the chicks look so beautiful and fearsome!  I can't wait to come and see them in 18 days time.

• Hi Debby thank you for update so nice to see photos of what may be considered our chicks even though just like the Estonian ones of course.Unbelievable that in a very short while these really plain (some might say ugly but would be in serious trouble with Dave and yourself)will be those majestic birds in the sky above Mull.wow.Best wishes.

• Awwww is not the word! Looking at their photos at this stage, I would call them Gorbag and Shagrat, but perhaps that would be unkind! (Tolkien, LOTR). How about something Viking: Ragnar and Harald? Freyja and Valkyrie if two females! Or if you want Celtic saints - Columba and Maelrubha? But I'm sure the local school will have the best ideas.

• My what beautiful chicks we have this year......they are absolutely gorgeous :0)  Have you found out the sex of the chicks yet?

Can we have a progress report on Mara and Breagha, to see if it was one of them that ventured over the nest the other week.  I also noticed that one of them had made it's way over to the main land and looked as though it went quite far, close to Inveraray on Loch Fyne.

Reply: Waiting for our DNA results - will let you know the sex as soon as we have the details.  Awaiting fresh data re Mara and Breagha's movements - will keep you posted as soon as we hear!