A brief update tonight: the family have shown well today at the hide. Both chicks again enjoying the dry sunny conditions and getting more expert by the day at controlling those massive wings. Breagha's wing will be close to 8 feet across and Mara's only a little less. Today they were sparring good naturedly high above the forest, touching talons and giving chase whilst Frisa and Skye sat contentedly on the ridge, drying out in the warm sun after overnight rain. They've earned this time for a little R&R and are using it wisely to practice survival skills for the difficult months ahead which will surely come. 

Great news too, just in, of a chick from Mull, which with his brother, survived one of the most remarkable incidents we've ever recorded on Mull when their nest (with them in it) quite simply disappeared from a cliff face in a violent storm. Their full story tomorrow...

Dave Sexton RSPB Mull Officer

Dave Sexton, RSPB Scotland Mull Officer

Parents
  • Dave, you are teasing us readers again !!! It is now 'tomorrow' and I can't get anything done as I'm too busy checking for the next blog. Wish I was a publisher !! Have you thought of approaching the local paper, if there is one on Mull, or perhaps the Herald or Scotsman would be interested in a serialisation of the exploits of the sea eagles. I think there has been a lot of interest generated in both the sea eagles and the ospreys especially when the east of Scotland releases went national on the news. Plus ofcourse you have the million members of the RSPB loving every piece of information you are giving on the blogs. Anyway, as much as I'd love to be on Mull experiencing the development of the chicks, I feel you are our eyes and we thank you for that.
Comment
  • Dave, you are teasing us readers again !!! It is now 'tomorrow' and I can't get anything done as I'm too busy checking for the next blog. Wish I was a publisher !! Have you thought of approaching the local paper, if there is one on Mull, or perhaps the Herald or Scotsman would be interested in a serialisation of the exploits of the sea eagles. I think there has been a lot of interest generated in both the sea eagles and the ospreys especially when the east of Scotland releases went national on the news. Plus ofcourse you have the million members of the RSPB loving every piece of information you are giving on the blogs. Anyway, as much as I'd love to be on Mull experiencing the development of the chicks, I feel you are our eyes and we thank you for that.
Children
No Data