ynys-hir in autumn

Hi,

Thinking of visiting the above in autumn with a small dog, will i enjoy all facilities with him?

What can i expect to see then?

Anybody please reply

Gillian

• Bumped your post up Amber, I'm sure some of our members must have been and can advise you

Of all creatures, man is the most detestable, he is the only creature that inflicts pain for sport, knowing it to be pain.
    ~ Mark Twain

• Hi-

a long time ago I went there in late autumn-  Borth was IMHO  a better place at that season.

:)

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• Hi Amber

Ynys-hir has a no dog's allowed policy, you may wish to ask for further details with the reserve staff by calling 01654 700222 or email the staff at

ynys-hir@rspb.org.uk

The reserve page is linked here but there are plenty of other places in the surrounding area that offer great wildlife viewing including Borth bog and Ynyslas dunes up the coast from Borth, the coast path itself has great potential for wildlife watching in the autumn and you are a within easy reach of Bwlch Nant-y-Arian red kite feeding station, Cors Caron NNR and the Dyfi osprey project.

Warden Intern at Otmoor.

• Hi-

just seen on Surfbirds that there is a Gull Billed Tern at Borth

:)

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• Borth/Ynyslas are a magnet for rarities as well as spectacular sightings of seabirds...in recent weeks they've had thousands of manx shearwaters and hundreds of gannets hunting within a few metres of the shorebreak, plus some impressive wader counts on the estuary...blog here for more info.

Warden Intern at Otmoor.