The New Layout of the Visitor Centre

Well i went over to radipole yesterday with the sun shining it was a wonderful day, went around the reserve and loved all the new things, my fav is the half-moon pontoon on the loop i sat on my buggy there for an hour.

I'm afraid the one thing that has left me and i must say sadly disappointed and sad is the Visitor Centre, as most of you know I'm disabled and use my buggy to go everywhere, i felt that for me to see the centre i will have to leave the buggy outside the front which is a bad thing for me as I've always got my camera and other things with me, i was then told Sean you can drive down the ramp and through the centre into the dipping area, Which is where i used to park my buggy before as i could see it if i went into the store.. but it felt so wrong to ride that buggy through the middle of the place and then outside where there are loads of tables and chairs i can only imagine how it would be on at busy time.

So i hate to say this but I'm really upset of the changes and how its left me either to leave my buggy and gear outside the front for all to take or drive through the centre, well to say i wont be leaving it out front and i can honestly see myself not wanting to go through the centre every time i want to go inside which before was every time i went over which was nearly everyday..  I am of course only 1 person with 1 opinion and do not in anyway want to put a stone in the works but i felt i had to say it as i goto nearly 7 times a week over there..

Many congrats on the new centre and the wonderful new layouts around the reserve.

Sean Tanner

• Hi Sean,

Sorry to hear that, Is there anything we might be able to do to make you feel more comfortable driving into the centre? It is designed for people to do this so anything you could suggest to make this more welcoming would be appreciated and then we can see what we can do.

Alternatively, I'm sure who ever is in at the centre can let you in the side gate straight into the patio if that would be better? Sitting at home now i cannot remember if there is a step there but if that is the case it is something we can think about fixing if people thought it was neccesary.

Don't worry about flinging comments and ideas our way, the centre is designed for everyone to use and if we can make things better we will try.

Glad you enjoyed the improvements out on the reserve.

Rob

• Alright Sean. I can understand your concerns but as Rob says just ask  Dan or Mich to open the gate onto the patio where you can leave your buggy. The ramp is still there and the fence is there to offer a bit of seclusion from the car park and deter unwanted out of hours visitors! They'd be only too happy to do this for you mate. Glad you like the structures Sean! See you about.

• Well said Mr Rob and Mr Nick.  It’s nice to see a “can do” attitude to problems.  We seem to get conditioned to the jobs-worths in this world telling us what can’t be done, so good to see Radders team coming up with positive ideas (not that any of them could ever be described as j-ws !!).  I do hope, Sean, that you take up the suggestions and continue to use and enjoy the centre – it’s there for you as much as anyone else.