A rare treat down at Radipole lake, in the form of a Glossy Ibis!

For those that haven't yet visited Radipole this Spring, be sure to get down soon for the chance to see a rare visitor to the reserve: a beautiful Glossy Ibis (Plegadis falcinellus)!

Over the last three weeks, visitors to the reserve have been delighted with glimpses of this enigmatic wetland bird. If anybody is lucky enough to snap a photo of him (your best bet will be patient viewing from the main hide), then please do post it up here on the forum for all to see!

• I visited Radipol for my first time last wednesday and found it to be an amazing place, I couldn't believe how many Cetti's i heard and saw.... a first for me, and then i went to the North hide there was a Glossy Ibis and a Black winged stilt..........

and to get them both in the same shot was even better!! Sorry the pictures arnt very good but they were at the far side of the lake.

Cant wait for my next visit. Love it!!!

What i know about birds can be written on a pin head....... in block capitals!!

• Thanks very much sundance, really pleased you enjoyed your visit. Can't promise birds of that rarity all the time but with spring marching along there'll certainly be something to divert you. Cheers.

• Wow, thought it was good to see the Glossy Ibis but a Black Winged Stilt too? (not that I would have known on my own what it was without help!) - really lucky Sundance,brilliant to get a photo too.