Favourite Things

As a wheelchair user, I always find it difficult to find places where I can easily and happily feel a part of nature.

Titchwell has become one of my most favourite places to do this. It is totally accessible with regard to hides and beach access (although a wooden boardwalk onto the beach would be lovely, hint, hint !!)

Thank you Titchwell for some lovely memories of just sitting and being. Listening to the soft swishing of the waves and the peaceful twittering of birds.

What a beautiful and treasured place.

• Hello LittleWren

Glad you enjoy the reserve and thanks for the positive feedbeck.

With regards the beach board walk we are looking at ways to improve the access here but not beyond the ramp that we already have. The big problem is that the beach at Titchwell is very dynamic and recent losses to the dunes has started to have an effect on the sand build up across the boardwalk. We are currently having to clear the build up of sand at least once a week but sometimes this is still not enough. We know from feedback that the beach boardwalk is a very valued part of a visit to Titchwell for both wheelchair users and non-wheelchair users so we are currently investigating a more sustainable solution.

In the meantime I hope you continue to enjoy the reserve and it's wildlife.

Best wishes

Robert Coleman