Thinking of returning

Hola Amigos,

Some of you may remember me, as I spent quite a lot of time on the reserve in the nineties and noughties.  I have recently been living in the south of Spain but am thinking of returning for a spring holiday next year. I hear there are quite a few changes being made on the reserve and am looking forward to seeing you all again.

Bye for now,

Sammy

ps I haven't missed those Norfolk winters- my feet used to get so-o-o-o cold!!

Gone but hopefully not forgotten!

• Hi Sammy

Great to meet you on here

Another lover of Spain, and all the bird life.

Been to Menorca 2005, 2007, 2008. 2009 ans 2010 coming up too  - mainly for dingy sailing, but a lot of bird watching in between times too.

There are salt marshes near to where we stay in Menorca.  We have come across an abundance of birds this year  Lots of Black Winged Stilts, and Kentish Plovers.  I came across a group of Cory's Shearwaters at the beach end, and a group of Storm Petrels flying while sailing in the Med Sea.  I have a report about the whole experience, and it is in my files at the moment.

Those Norfolk winters are still as brrr.... as ever,

Regards

Kathy and Dave

• Thanks for the update on the winters!

Sammy

Keep on birding!

• Hi Sammy-

glad to hear from you as the last time I saw you , you were sitting under a bush on an island at Titchwell looking seriously unwell...

glad you recovered :))

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box