Hello and introductions

Hello

Welcome to RSPB Titchwell Marsh in cyberspace. This is great place to find out what is going on at the reserve, post photos from your own visits and ask questions about the reserve and it's wildlife.

Why not introduce your self to the community and tell us what you love about Titchwell Marsh.

Thanks for joining us.

Robert

• This is the first group that I've joined on the site as I used to visit the reserve, which was a favourite with my brother when he lived in Norfolk. Sadly, I'm unable to cope with travelling these days but, I just wanted to express my appreciation for the reserve and some exciting firsts (for me).

• Hi! Robert, I have had the pleasure of visiting the site a few times and once watched as my son was enthralled by the 'car park robin'  who took mealworms from his fingers.

I now live only 40 minutes away so hope to pay many more visits in the future, starting,with luck, this weekend. The weather forcast looks excellent.

Respect your life and that of others, you only get the one chance.

• Anonymous
    Anonymous 02/10/2009 04:34 in reply to alpha200

Hi Robert

Just noticed this thread so I will say my hello's to you, and to everyone else on this thread {hello}

Dave and I hope to visit Norfolk area in the future.  It will be long weekend for us as it is too much to travel from Bedford in one day {smile}

Titchwell is a must for us, and I look forward to seeing the 'area' facelift it has had recently.

When we do i will add to the species listing on the other associated thread in here.  Of course there is always the general 'species' news we all hear too. {thumbs up}

Regards

Kathy and Dave

• Hello! I 've persuaded my partner to run away for Christmas! We're staying in Morston for a few days from 24th December. From Titchwell's site it looks as if it's open on Christmas Day so hoping to visit  then. I was a twitcher as a little kid , then lost the passion until as an adult I drove up to the north Norfolk coast. A woman called out to me - do you want to see an avocet? So I took a look through her telescope, and was hooked again! After that I made frequent birdwatching trips, but then kids and family life took over, so it's a while since I've been back. One thing I never got round to doing was the boat trip to the seal colony, so hoping to do that on Boxing Day. I'm so excited to be getting away from the routine of Christmas at home.

Any recommendations to make the best of a precious couple of days?

• Hello WInter Migrant

Yes the reserve paths, hides and toilets are open on Christmas Day, but please be aware that the VC and servery are closed on Christamas Day and Boxing Day.

Glad to hear you've rediscovered your passion and hope you have a nice day when you visit.

• Hi guys,

I first visited Titchwell in 1977 but it was raining so hard we couldnt get to the hides- back then  you could still put a sleeping bag under the visitor shelter. I  made it my local patch in 1993 but   haven't  had a new bird there yet.

Let's hear it for the sausage baps from the feeding station!

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• Hello everyone.

I'm new to this forum, but I just wanted to say how much I absolutely love Titchwell.

It's possibly become one of my favourite places ever and I'm so pleased that it has such good wheelchair access ! Whenever we visit from Yorkshire, I always have to come, and have been known to be left here whilst other people go shopping ! As long as I have my umbrella, my bins and a drink I'm fine !

I was quite concerned to hear that things will be changing soon, but I'm sure that the RSPB will make sure it's just as wonderful as it is now. Change can be a good thing.

Alpha200, you are so lucky to live so close !